Throttle body fixings

rtbiscuit

i'm due to fit my new plenum and throttle body spacer soon and do all at the same time etc.

what i need to know is the bolt dimensions of the current 4 bolts used to hold the throttle body onto the plenum. i need to find 4 new ones that are about an inch longer to allow for the spacer.

or if someone can supply me with some would be even better

i'm due to fit my new plenum and throttle body spacer soon and do all at the same time etc.

what i need to know is the bolt dimensions of the current 4 bolts used to hold the throttle body onto the plenum. i need to find 4 new ones that are about an inch longer to allow for the spacer.

:lol: No answer on the other thread I take it, if you can wait until tomorrow I can go out and take one of them out and give you a measure, Id bring it to a engineering place and just hand them the bolt and ask them if they do it in xxx mm, worked the last time I needed a bolt (amazing). Go past there from time to time so if you want me to pick you up 4 I could and post them. Possibly cheaper to sort out yourself :teeth:

:lol: No answer on the other thread I take it, if you can wait until tomorrow I can go out and take one of them out and give you a measure, Id bring it to a engineering place and just hand them the bolt and ask them if they do it in xxx mm, worked the last time I needed a bolt (amazing). Go past there from time to time so if you want me to pick you up 4 I could and post them. Possibly cheaper to sort out yourself :teeth:

yeah nothing on the other thread, got the impression no one was reading it.

might be a plan, am happy to pay for them, haven't got anyone near me to take it to. and need the bolt in the engine so i can drive there :lol:

also out of interest, how far do the bolts go into the plenum?

i suppose if they are too long i can cut them down

Gay :p

When are you fitting it? I've got one on order from Adam that I am sure comes with bolts, If you can wait a couple of weeks I can tell you the size of them then? or you could drop Adam a pm and ask him the size

yeah nothing on the other thread, got the impression no one was reading it.

might be a plan, am happy to pay for them, haven't got anyone near me to take it to. and need the bolt in the engine so i can drive there :lol:

also out of interest, how far do the bolts go into the plenum?

i suppose if they are too long i can cut them down

Cool, Ill have a look tomorrow.

A

Gay :p

When are you fitting it? I've got one on order from Adam that I am sure comes with bolts, If you can wait a couple of weeks I can tell you the size of them then? or you could drop Adam a pm and ask him the size

am waiting on my carbon plenum before fitting and then going for a remap at abbey, i'm aiming for about 2 weeks time for the remap as it will be half term (haven't checked with abbey yet :lol: )

i'll try adam see if he can send me some

If it wasnt so cold I would go to the garage and measure the ones that came off the TB spacer I took off on Saturday... but it is cold and I cant be arsed!

Guessing though if you take the size of the bolts that alex just added and then add the thickness of the spacer your pretty much there!! But you thought of that didnt you!!!

You just need the pitch and diameter now!

Will look tomorrow if you dont get the answers tonight!

If it wasnt so cold I would go to the garage and measure the ones that came off the TB spacer I took off on Saturday... but it is cold and I cant be arsed!

Guessing though if you take the size of the bolts that alex just added and then add the thickness of the spacer your pretty much there!! But you thought of that didnt you!!!

You just need the pitch and diameter now!

Will look tomorrow if you dont get the answers tonight!

cheers mark, was just outside getting the spacer to measure :lol:

pitch and diameter would be great :thumbs:

just to clarify that length of 60mm is that just the thread or is that including the hex head?

i'm guessing its just the thread,

having fun trying to source M5x80mm socket head cap screws, so far the places only go up to 60mm or the one i've found jumps to 90.

not a major problem as i can cut it down and re tap it.

found some but they only sell them in sets of 200 :doh:

or i can get them individually, but they are 10mm to long and the head isn't as good as the others :bang:

anyone know of a good supplier?

do you reckon the chillis' do them in anodised red? :lol:

or i can get them individually, but they are 10mm to long and the head isn't as good as the others :bang:

Yep probably! But black or chrome would be better!

You not got a fixings store near you? Got one just down the road and they have loads of stuff... as mine is off the car I can take one down and see what they have... Wont be till the weekend though

Yep probably! But black or chrome would be better!

You not got a fixings store near you? Got one just down the road and they have loads of stuff... as mine is off the car I can take one down and see what they have... Wont be till the weekend though

there isn't one near me that i'm aware of, plus i like ordering over the net, so i don't have to go into town :lol: