Advice on buying a 350z... ex-demo car.

felex6

Hi guys,

I’ve been hunting for the 350z roadster for some time now. Don’t think I came across “the one†yet. There is this one car thought that I’m not sure about and would like to know your opinion.

It’s 2007 model with a raised bonnet, 5.5k on the clock and asking price is £20k. BUT! It’s an ex-demo car of a Nissan dealership. I’m a bit worried of the amount of abuse it has taken for these 5,500 miles. Has anyone on here bought an ex-demo car and what’s the experience like??

BTW, the dealer said it's a 308.4 BHP model.. Thought 2007 Zs come in 306 or 313... :huh:

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Very keen on coming on board of Z family! :) Selling my beloved Celica GT4 now, hard times... Need something new to fall for soon! :)

I bought an ex demo roadster and didnt really worry. I got it at a good price. One think I would check very closely is the paintwork, the young lad at the dealers will have scrubbed it after ever viewing. AS bit of wax can hide a few scratches. ;)

I have very thin paintwork on mine, if you can get a paint guage take it along.. Depends on the dealer though, some are good.

I brought an ex-demo 08 coupe with 9k miles on the clock. They changed out scratched drivers door armrest. The only thing I feel a bit miffed about was that the tyres on it were a bit low on tread. Think they had been passed on from car to car. Anyway I have changed them for Falkens.

No other issues so far.

S.

My previous car was an ex-demo (not zed) and was fine with one exception, one of the doors had been pranged at some point and resprayed. (which they obviously failed to mention)

Check the paintwork carefully and make sure you see it in different light conditions my was fine in the bright light of day but was a horrible colour match at dusk (showed up really badly in photos too).

I eventually got them to respray the door (for free) but I had to work hard to get it done...

one thing worth bearing in mind is some places let their staff take the car home in the evenings/weekends which is when the abuse happens. It won't have had a hard life in test drives but if they are effectively using it as a company car then it is more likely to have lead a harder life.

Don't foget thought he zed is a sports car and designed to be thrashed :drive1