petrol!

phoenix

I always use Shell Optimax and a full tank usually get's me app 350 miles and my last full top up was for £75, so i thought i'd see how much normal unleaded is for a full tank (same petrol station) well it was £71. So i will just keep on using optimax coz £4 difference is nothing.

I found when comparing optimax against unleaded that while it cost more I did get a better mpg. It worked out it was about even but that was when petrol was around the 90p/97p mark

The thing that supprised me most was the month i kept the tank under a half. This added 2-3mpg overall.

At the risk of going near the taboo, MPG subject, i always find that the BP ultimate gets better MPG than Optomax.

But then we are not supposed to talk about it, because owning a "sports car" means never having to worry about MPG again, doesn't it? :dry::cold:

A tune helps too :teeth:

ummmmmmmmmmmmm cider,

i like bp ultimate but its more expensive than the tesco 99 ron, so i've been using that.

but i might go back to it. as they are doing free petrol for a year comp if you have a nectar card.

trying to work out what is best for a remap. i think the tesco is better and its been in for the last 3 fill ups so i might stay on it until end of feb which is when i should hopefully be done. just waiting on a part, and then i'm going to try for half term in 2 weeks time.