Just had service - They have scrached my Brembo!!

chriswillis

Just had my car in for a p2 service today. Picked it up this evening all appeared ok.

Brakes felt a little different as brake fluid change i suppose and as i was getting out the car just had a quick glimpse with a torch down at my o/s front wheel and to my horror i see quite a gouge of paint off the top of my Brembo, some of it down to the metal. I can only presume that when putting the wheel back on it slipped and scratched it. I know the car is 6 1/2 years old now but the car is mint, only done 34k and them Brembo's were SPOTLESS and now has an obvious gouge out of the bright metallic paint - i am not best pleased at all!!!

Not sure what to do or how to approach this subject. I called them now as they were closing and spoke with the manager and he told me to bring it back monday (as the technician is off tomorrow) and they will go from there. I want this sorted but not sure how to approach it. The manager seemed ok and said i dont have a fight on my hands or anything (i was quite angry :rant: ) but obviously cant prove it was them although the scratch/gouge is fresh as a daisy you can tell - but it probably wont be like that on Monday.

I took this photo but it is dark and hard to notice - about 1cm long along the top edge....

I know it will probably seem trivial when they look at it but it does look worse in real life - i shouldn't have to just accept to pay £246 for just an oil change and gouged paint. Any useful help / advice appreciated.... :(:(:(:(:(

I can't see it in the pic, but regardless I know how annoying it is. Had my old type R in for a service and somone had dented the door really badly on collection. Probably like you, had that horrible feeling in the stomach.

Wait until you've been back to the garage. If they have their scratch repair man visit they may well have it looking like new as I guess it won't cost them much.

These things always look worse than they are when they first happen, especially when it's our pride and joy.

Hope you get it sorted :thumbs:

get them to pay for some touch up paint. You'll have to get it specially mixed as there doesn't seem to be a paint code for Brembos. One member did sell sometouch up pots. Perhaps if you near one the could give you a drop ot two to repair it.

I know I've got some if your ever up here.

See what they say, no need to get worked up just yet, they may just pay to get it fixed. They should have an inspection sheet which has any defects to the car listed on it prior to any work they do, this should have been given to you so you can see if it was there before.

If all else fails, as Mike and others have said, one member does do touch up paint so you will be able to fix it yourself if you need to :)

UPDATE:

Went down to the stealership and the service manager looked at the car. He had the wheel off and spoke with his technicians etc.

To cut a long story short...he agrees with me that the scratch was most likely not there when i brought it to them and agrees with me that it was there when i called him 25mins later when i got home. Therefore he reckons it happened on my way home (about 5 miles in rush hours traffic therefore very slow pace) by a stone or something getting caught between the wheel and caliper. What a load of toss - it is almost laughable so i wasnt very haoppy and made him aware of this!

He said that he will look around for a quote to get it refurbished (not that he even would accept liability but suggested he may put some towards it, though would not commit to a figure ££). He rang me today saying that he couldnt find anyone who could match the brembo paint. Had no luck directly from nissan, they were trying to get him to buy a new caliper, on back-order, at £1200 each :wacko: . So now he is waiting for Brembo in Itlay to get back to him with a paint code.

Just get the feeling he is trying to fob me off but is there feck all i can do about it??? I aint happy. :bang: