Where shall I put my elbows? Any ideas please.

rickya

Anyone have this problem of heated seats getting pressed accidentaly by your elbow & heating your ass unneccasrily till it roasts like a chicken at Nandos! :wacko:

Obviously there should be a plastic cover or slide over the buttons, or relocated but it isn't. If I could find a matching bit of plastic I would try & invent something definetley. But have not found any scrap matching plastic bits. Anyone done any mods on this. I am having to change gear & rest my left elbow like a contortionist.

Talking about my left elbow, heres my second complaint: My right elbow which I normally in other cars either rest on a door arm rest (midway on the door) or if cruising B) , rest on the open windowed door frame,- has nowhere to go in the zed. The blemin arm rest is way too low & you cant properly turn the wheel a lot & if you try resting it out of the window its too high & your arm starts aching after a while. You cant lower the seat & ps Im not a hobbit either!

I can sympathise with this - I find it impossible to rest my elbow on the window sill. Mind you, I am a bit of a short arse so it's hardly surprising. :blush:

Anybody managed to raise the seats in a Z?

Jim

I've the same problem Jim and I'm over 6 foot., only trouble is if I raise the seat my head will be through the roof :scare:

These switches are a problem. Not only do I knock them on but I cannot see them without moving my gaze such a long way from the road ahead.

Haven't investigated the wiring and how much slack there is, nor how to remove the whole centre thing but I wonder if there is any scope for relocating the switches on some kind of panel where the ashtray goes. It would be harder to knock them on there. Alternatively, the ashtray unit itself might do the job with its built-in cover.

Since my car is still under warranty and I've had it less than a week, I'm reluctant to mess with it just yet...

Peter

It's not possible for me either to put my arm on the window, without looking like a idiot. However, all my friends say that the windows are so small and high up when they're sitting inside my car. A real sports car feeling, they say. That makes it all good again :D

I can sympathise with this - I find it impossible to rest my elbow on the window sill. Mind you, I am a bit of a short arse so it's hardly surprising. :blush:

Jim

I've the same problem Jim and I'm over 6 foot., only trouble is if I raise the seat my head will be through the roof :scare:

heya over 6 foot geeza, im over 6 too and want to know how comfortable you find the 350z, isit comfortable becauseyou make it comfortable or isit truly a nice cucoon of leather and good steering wheel placement, i got really long arms and dont want elbows knocking everywhere.

Jim

heya over 6 foot geeza, im over 6 too and want to know how comfortable you find the 350z, isit comfortable becauseyou make it comfortable or isit truly a nice cucoon of leather and good steering wheel placement, i got really long arms and dont want elbows knocking everywhere.

Get down the dealers and go for a spin - best way to answer your questions :teeth:

P.s don't forget your cheque book ;)

Jim

Joking apart , I find the Zed really good comfort wise, not been on a real long journey in it yet( a spin down to Brighton some time ago and a cruise round Wales) but I'd have no hesitation in taking it down to the South of France/ Spain etc.. :thumbs:

comfort wise the Z is untouchable for the price and style of car.

I had until recently a 06 Passat SE, a Landrover Tdi and the Z

The passat is as uncomfy as sitting on a cactus, shockingly **** poor seats

the landrover is very comfy but I wouldnt want to drive for 12 hours in it

I drove the Z from the south of france back to Chippenham in one day, stopping only once for fuel and once for the ferry - it did a constant ton plus in france without missing a beat and we both got out at the ferry and then chippenham without a single ache or pain - this car is truely a GT

I'm 6' 7" and am taking my first test drive in a 350Z at lunchtime today. The fact that I can physically sit upright in the car with the door closed and still actually turn the wheel means it outdoes most of the other cars in its class for space. Will have to see if I can actually get comfy driving it a decent distance, and whether I can find somewhere to put my elbows. I'm kinda used to being a bit cramped but I'm not used to toasting my butt unnecessarily as a result!!

Guest prescience
I'm 6' 7" and am taking my first test drive in a 350Z at lunchtime today. The fact that I can physically sit upright in the car with the door closed and still actually turn the wheel means it outdoes most of the other cars in its class for space. Will have to see if I can actually get comfy driving it a decent distance, and whether I can find somewhere to put my elbows. I'm kinda used to being a bit cramped but I'm not used to toasting my butt unnecessarily as a result!!

:welcome: to the forum

I enjoyed it. Localised flooding on some of the roads on the test route didn't help, but still enjoyed the performance. I'll be swapping from a VX220 if I do decide on the Zed, so smile-factor was actually second on the agenda; daily useability is number one.

Here's the summary I sent to a couple of my mates at work...

Nice n comfy, no problems getting the seat where I want it.

Enough toys to keep me happy, just about.

Controls are nice and meaty, reminds me of my old BMW 325.

Performance is more than adequate. Engine’s ridiculously flexible, it pulls from 1200 revs in 6th, but you can rev it right out in lower gears if you want. Booted it off the lights and it scrabbled a bit, but traction control didn’t kick in, which implies it’s not too intrusive.

It’s a **** to park. For the first time ever, I’d consider getting parking sensors! It’s wide with long doors so I guarantee the missus will ding the doors at some point.

Didn’t get enough clear road to push it round the corners, but turn-in felt pretty sharp.

The Sat Nav is a bit crumby, I wouldn’t pay extra for a car with it.

I can see it being heavy on fuel though. If it does 25mpg I’ll be surprised.

Basically I frickin’ loved it. Need to drive a TT and a Boxster for comparison, but it’s definitely high on the mcave wishlist.

Why would you want to test drive ancient TT and an even older Coxster? :thumbdown:

So he could decide whether he makes the right choice for him??

Anyway, who said it had to be an ancient TT.... can't you test drive the new ones now? (of which Evo still said the 350z was a better drivers car on the recent back to back test)....

And Matt, I average about 25mpg over combination of different roads, A roads and Motorways for some of the days of the week, rag the arse of it every other opportunity......

So not too bad......

I want to test drive a TT and a Boxster so I don't end up wondering if I've made the right choice later. I'll probably still find I prefer the Zed, but I can't spend £20k without playing the field a bit first. I personally love the looks of the Boxster (even better looking than the Zed to my eyes), and few would argue that the interior is better quality than the Zed. Also, being rather tall, driving position is hugely important to me, and the TT offers a lot better seat adjustment than the Zed. The TT's also more common and older so there are more out there to choose from. The downside to the TT is that every man and his dog has got one. The downside to the Boxster is horrible servicing costs, and the "arrogant corporate cocksucker" image that goes with owning a poor-mans 911. But you've gotta give 'em a go, right?