Isn't SKYPE wonderful

ATTAK Z

As topic subject really

Its certainly got a lot better over the past couple of years, prior to that is was terrible!

I now have corporate customers using it to talk to people around the world (eg South Africa) and they claim its better than VoIP (cant see it myself though, as there is no QoS) - but for a free (ish) service its great! :thumbs:

I'm having bacon and eggs cooked on the barbie in Melbourne as we speak .......... 23 deg C and lots of nice people ........ might drop into Philip Island for a blast later on (see avatar)

At least that's what's on my screen

(I'm talking to my boy in OZ) :D

I'm having bacon and eggs cooked on the barbie in Melbourne as we speak .......... 23 deg C and lots of nice people ........ might drop into Philip Island for a blast later on (see avatar)

At least that's what's on my screen

(I'm talking to my boy in OZ) :D

Edited to avoid confusion

Yea we just tune in and then go about daily life ...it's like being in the next room .... I haven't seen my son and his family (which increased by 1 last year) since he left to work for Ford Australia 2.5 years ago ...he's now got residency so we're all off to see him and the F1 mob in March (56 days and counting)

skype video to Australia is pretty good depending on ISP's - but a decent webcam makes a huge difference as well, don't skimp and pay £10 for a cam!

we both have iMacs ....... video is good quality and not usually any ISP troubles :)

Talk to my g/f who's in Oz at the moment using skype on my iphone whilst she uses it on her itouch (with mike headset). I agree that there are better programs out there for things like long distance conferencing / regular contact with family who live abroad but I find that the best thing about Skype is that you can usually find a wifi hotspot easily / use friends if i'm not at home. I also use Ping so that she can let me know when she's on wifi, good app recommend it for anyone who's got an iphone!