Got "screwed" over

HEADPHONES

Inspected rear after topping up air twice in 2 weeks.

Found a nail.

Was relieved as it was near centre of the tyre so only a few quid to repair i thought :thumbs:

An excuse to clean up the rim, get some sealant on it before going to tyre place.

Wheel the clean rim to the car and spot a second SCREW near the edge :thumbdown:

Reckon it's a new 19" Falken now.

Bad year so far.

Laptop went......£350

Washing machine went......£400

Now a new 275/35/19 Falken.

Nearly a grand for nothing :byebye:

Bad luck Andy.

I had the same problem within a week after fitting my Nismo's,right near the sidewall.I ended up buying a new tyre before having the screw removed,luckily when the took it out it had not gone through.So i ended up with a spare front.

The bad news was it turned out some jealous w####r at work was putting them in peoples tyres,several cars got done but never found out who it was. :angry:

Bad luck Andy - my MR2 roadster used to collect screws all the time and of course they were always near the edge and would not be repairable - that was £90 a pop for Toyos' at the time!!!

Then the penny dropped and it turned out to be the works carpark, which had been a yard/warehouse previously and they never properly tidied it up! :angry:

I had my spacers fitted today, and on the way to my garage I heard funny noise coming from my front tyres - low and behold it was a screw smack bang in the middle of my front offside Pirelli PZero :thumbdown:

Had it repaired (in the unit next to my mechanics place) and didn't cost much etc - but my question is - how good is a puncture repair?? Is it safe driving at speed?? - like I said, it was smack bang in the middle, no-where near outer walls etc...