Mings Z is here at last - pics

Emperor Ming

Hi Guys and Gals

AT BLEEDIN LAST.

She is sat on my drive all shiney and clean.

Should have been mine two days ago but another last minute hitch slowed it down .....

BUT .....

She is now mine. :yahoo:

This is what I got and what I paid.

Base model 2003 52 plate import with a stainless cat back and tinted rear windows. Leather seats and after market side repeaters. A grounding kit and 20,000 miles on the clock.

Since it arrived it has been fully undersealed (Waxoyled) the front bumper and the whole of the drivers side of the car has been re-sprayed (absolutely cracking job now).

She comes with a twelve month major mechanical parts warranty and a Toad Cat 1 alarm.

£15,500 :):teeth:

Today I have driven about 90 miles and at first I thought the speedo had not been properly altered to MPH. The car felt like it was not doing the speed it was showing. I had been following the Mrs so asked her what speed she was doing and Yup the speedo was right.

I have owned or driven more powerful cars, faster cars and more scary cars but the Nissan is far and away the best PACKAGE.

I got home with a chuffin great grin from ear to ear which i didn't expect. I can see that me and the Zed are going to be doing a lot of miles.

I have been out and bought a great bucket of cleaning stuff and we have:-

1. Spent 1 1/2 hours treating the leather seats to get them softer and give them a shine, and cleaning and polishing every surface inside the car.

2. 1 hr cleaning under the bonnet, including actually under the bonnet. (This is just a starter until I get into 'bling' mode.)

3. 2 1/2 hrs cleaning the outside of the car. First I washed it and dried it, then I clay barred all of the car, except the bits that have just been painted. Cleaned the wheels. Polished the whole car, after a few little touch ups with TCut, and finshed up dressing the tyres.

Then it was to damn dark to take decent pictures AR*E

She now looks like she should and having examined the whole car there are two very small stone chips on the bonnet and one scratch on the boot and THATS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :teeth:

A few pics

Engine before clean

131_3118.jpg

Engine after clean

131_3144.jpg

Front bumper with NO STONE CHIPS!!

131_3140.jpg

Arty pic showing clean car in the dark :wacko:

131_3150.jpg

When I get a chance to photo the car in daylight i am sure the pics will look loads better.

Will get some more when I have used the ultimate finish to give it extra gleam

Ming the REAL happy

:yahoo::yahoo: ...never thought it was going to happen for a while... knew you'd be pleased with it though :thumbs: Let the modifications start....... When I first got my Zed I didnt think it was as quick as my old T/T GTO but the Nissan is very deceptive with the speed... :teeth:

Lomoto

Hi mate.

First mods are to be.

External.

Boot spoiler.

Decided that it will be a small lip spoiler - Nissan standard - not the larger one I suggested earlier on.

Engine bay.

plenum is going to be powder coated cadbury's purple, the covers in the top right and left of the picture will be wet painted the same. The strut brace will also be powder coated cadbury's purple and the ends smoked chrome.

The front engine cover and intake pipe will probably be carbon after market items and I might also replace the bottles for water and power steering fluid with new stuff.

Inside the car.

Custom mount for my Sat Nav/palm top.

I am sure that there will be more.

Ming the impatient

PS I agree. Initially I thought it was slower than the GTO TT but it is a different type of power, if that makes sense, and it seems to be everywhere whereas the TT had it in a defined rev range.

It also feels more planted and the steering a little more positive. this i suppose could just be that it is three years old and not 10 years old.

1. Spent 1 1/2 hours treating the leather seats to get them softer and give them a shine, and cleaning and polishing every surface inside the car.

What did you use on the leather?

I used Williams formula 1 leather treatment and when that had dried and been polished I used some proper leather cream that is used on horse tack. When it had soaked in it brings a nice deep colour to the seat.

It will take a coupe of sessions before it looks right but it is already lots better than standard.

Ming the Patient

Well guys and Gals

Took the car too and from work today and when I got home I thought the weather is nice ... hmmm ... I know .... lets polish her AGAIN.

I know i know I polished her yesterday but what the hell you can never have toooo much polish on a car.

This time I got out the Autoglym - my favourite - and put on a good coat of thier best polish. Twenty minutes to dry and hey presto GLEAM

131_3173.jpg

Whilst waiting for the polish to dry I decided to sort out the exhaust. It is a large stainless system and I noticed that at several angles the back box is visible.

well now it is not only visible but gleaming. :thumbs:

One of my neighbours, used to my vehicular eccenticities, was however a little surprised as he walked past and I was polishing the INSIDE of the exhaust pipes.

131_3181.jpg

I am suffering Bling withdrawal symptoms

Ming the Happy

Very nice mate :thumbs:

Just noticed your back end :blush: That's a little harsh what they've done with the rear fog light :thumbdown:

I know mate.

All his cars had them done like that. I am sort of stuck with it now though unless I want a large hole in the bumper :thumbdown:

Oh well nothing is perfect, not even my Zed.

Ming the happy

I know i know I polished her yesterday but what the hell you can never have toooo much polish on a car.

You definatly can polish a car too much. Polishes Cut, Waxes protect. Once you have the paint nicely polished you should be layering on the wax not polish.

Get some P21S to top off all that polish and the car will be gleaming for weeks

whilst waiting for the polish to dry I decided to sort out the exhaust. It is a large stainless system and I noticed that at several angles the back box is visible.

well now it is not only visible but gleaming. :thumbs:

One of my neighbours, used to my vehicular eccenticities, was however a little surprised as he walked past and I was polishing the INSIDE of the exhaust pipes.

131_3181.jpg

I am suffering Bling withdrawal symptoms

Ming the Happy

any idea what exhaust you've got on Ming?

You definatly can polish a car too much. Polishes Cut, Waxes protect. Once you have the paint nicely polished you should be layering on the wax not polish.

Get some P21S to top off all that polish and the car will be gleaming for weeks

Hi rob

Now that the car is properly clean I will be putting on several alyers of Autogly ultimate finish which is some sort of sealant. A straight wipe on, let dry, wipe off job that boosts the shine no end.

My mate who is a car detailer by trade swears by Carnuba Wax but from what I can see it is prohibitively expensive.

Whats P21S?

Always up for something that shows all the hard work I put in off on the car.

Cheers

Ming the curious

Lomoto

Hi mate

A large fancy plate on the exhaust says

FUJITSIMO GIKEN CO LTD

MAIN FACTORY

and a small plate says:

FGK JASMA and has a serial number on it.

Any use mate?

I know it sounds delicious and looks the nuts!

Ming the happy

Yes nice exhaust system ,will sound gorgeous :thumbs:

P21S is a Carnuba Wax lol - less than £20 for a tub which will do a car many many times. Its generally thought of as the best value wax out there (unless you want to spend real money on it)

That made me giggle!!

Where do I get this from. Is it an auto parts store stuff or is it special purchase.

Can't say I remember seeing it on the shelves at Halfords??

Cheers mate

Ming the Interested