370z "Connect Premium Pack"

Chris`I

Anyone know the deal with Nissan putting in the GTR satnav into the 370z as an extra? Took this from the 370z roadster launch press release

A number of tweaks have also been made to the luxurious two-seat cabin including the addition of Connect Premium. Priced at £1,500, the system is borrowed from the GT-R and comes equipped with a 40GB HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and advanced Satellite Navigation. The dashboard mounted screen has a resolution now four times higher, while the new unit features a touch screen display, DVD functionality, iPod USB connectivity and coverage of more European countries than ever. The system also offers 10GB storage for music files which can be imported direct from your CD collection.

My local Nissan know nothing about it - given it was released on the 14th of this month - thats not supprising. Reading the 370z US forums it sounded like we got this pack as standard already on UK cars and they got it as an automatic upgrade on their MY10 cars with Nav. It seems yet again, bloody Nissan GB is going to make us shell out even more money for it. Its quoted as £1500 and normal nav option is £1400. I have a feeling you will have to have normal nav as a selected option before you can purchase the upgrade. I have asked NMGB for a response, but I am sceptical. £2900 for GTR satnav seems very steep! Although its much better than the standard 370z one going by the US forums. The real shame is you could build a really nice custom setup for the price, but this unit (in the US at least) is fully integrated and can show all sorts of info about the car and control setup options, so a custom setup wouldnt do everything :surrender:

EDIT: This is now the replacement for Sat Nav in the MY2010 cars, but called Connect Pack as it does more than Sat Nav. It is taken from the GTR and has the same nav engine etc and costs £1500 to add to a 370z GT :thumbs:

Yes its on the same press release. It coincides with the MY10 upgrades, which in the UK is just the connect pack, whereas in the US they get bits we already got, like heated mirrors and cabin filter.

I really hope its not a £1500 option on top of the nav option. After all they are two seperate nav units, you have one or the other, so how they can charge another £1500 on top of the nav I dont know. But if it is £1500 vs £1400 why dont they just offer the one out of the GTR as the Nav package @ £1500. Shame as I really wanted the stuff it offers like higher res screen and better nav. I can see them making it the std nav at some point, but I aint going to wait for that to happen!

OK, so Nissan havent quite lost their marbles. After speaking to a very friendly chap at NMGB, it appears that the Connect Premium pack is the new name for the Sat Nav, its not just called Sat Nav as it offers a lot more, it is the unit out of the GTR and it £1500 all in, not on top of the normal Sat Nav. So although expensive-ish (not really for OEM nav) it does do all the bits I wanted :yahoo:

WLMG in Slough also chased it up for me and got the same info. They called me back to let me know the same details. Kudos to them for actually chasing something up, much better than other dealerships I've been to :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
Any pictures of this new satnav?

Dont think it looks any different really. I am off to WLMG in Slough tomorrow where they have a roadster which should hopefully have connect premium so I'll get some pics then - just hope it has it, will be sods law its a non nav car :lol:

There is a YouTube vid of the differences in the US model if you search for it. Only thing that I think is different is they get XM stuff (weather and traffic) which we dont and we get Michillen POIs and other traffic feed.

Well I got my hands on this yesterday, unfortunately no pics of it, I forgot the camera in the excitement :blush:

I would say its infinately better than the old satnav and well worth the upgrade if you can get it (ie if you are deciding between a MY2009 and MY2010) if you want satnav. The screen is much clearer, it does postcodes, it has TMC with optional redirection (you chose the route from multiple options), it hooks up to ipod, has component in (for video, or Camp2 ;) ). Shows you info about the car (inside temp, and others). You can look at weather and current traffic info. Loads more, I forget now, but a definate worthwhile investment :thumbs:

New roadster also looks very nice. They had a red one at WLMG, which as it turns out is the same colour that all dealers are getting the roadster in for demos apparently. Looks pretty good, if we had better weather around here I might have plumped for one.

New roadster also looks very nice. They had a red one at WLMG, which as it turns out is the same colour that all dealers are getting the roadster in for demos apparently. Looks pretty good, if we had better weather around here I might have plumped for one.

Crawley Down Nissan have a Universal Silver roadster as a demo Chris ;)

P1060665.jpg

Crawley Down Nissan have a Universal Silver roadster as a demo Chris ;)

Very nice. So much for all the demos being red! Could it be Nissan cant make their mind up again? :lol: