Exhaust system

Dihepbo383

I have purchased a cat back Scorpion exhaust which I intend to attempt to fit to my 350 Z sportster. On looking at the old system I can see that the bolts are very rusted at the Y section connection. In view of this I contacted my Nissan dealer to buy the bolts just in case and was told they come as part of the Y section.

Is this correct ?

If it is and they break will I require to fit the Y section or can it be drilled ?

Cheers !

B)

Lol!!! Brilliant! You called them for bolts and they tried to sell you a y-pipe?!?!?! They will have these lying around the garage... tight sods!

No you wont require a new y-pipe if they break, get your self to halfords and get some bolt ease or something like plus-gas and soak the bolts first and leave for a bit. Breaker bar may help too!

Just make sure they are stainless, I posted in a thread somewhere about the size you need, cant remember who was asking though. Think they sell them at halfords...

When you out the new ones on use a bit of copper grease or lithium grease on the thread... Never go in dry as they say!

Do you have gaskets? If not you need them, think its 2.25 or 2.5 at the connection to the y-pipe.

Thanks for all your replies folks. The exhaust came with 1 clamp no gasket. Just didnt know if the Y section was a stud but from your answers thats not the case. I have emptied a can of WD 40 on them so if they dont come off normaly and I heat them we will have a rare wee fire going !!!!

Cheers B)

Be warned.

The bolts at the y section broke they were a stud which was also welded to the exhaust It wouldnt move. So grinde head off try to knock them out Eh no !

Its gas bottles next to burn them well the Y section cracked so its welded and put back together after 4 hours.

Result - Fantastic well worth the time and effort but folks dont do this lying on your back.

B)