New wheels or powder coat standard wheels

pheritage

Hi chaps,

I get my new Storm White 370Z GT in 2 weeks and I've recently seen some pictures of Storm White cars with matt black wheels and want to do this to my own. The question is:

1. Do I get my standard 19" wheels powder coated?

2. Buy some new matt black 20" wheels?

I hear that the offsets on the standard wheels aren't great and really needs spacers on the back to look better, which would then suite getting new (bigger) wheels. However, where can you get 20" wheels for the 370Z in UK that will have the correct look? I've seen loads in the US but don't want to risk getting them sent over.

As for powder coating, has anyone had any good results, and if so, anyone in the North East to recommend?

Thanks, Paul

p.s. the GTR wheels look good on the 370Z but where would you get some, other than Nissan?

GTR wheels cost a small fortune. the amount you'd pay would be enough to wipeout the debts for several small african nations :lol:

think there was a topic on it recently and the prices are heart attack worthy.

have a look at envy they have a good selection and should be able to cater for the 370Z

defo needs spacers.

Some past reports of powder coating wheels can be damaging so do a search. I think its down more to the temperature they are baked at.

Adam @ Z1auto a trader here can send wheels over from the US no probs and has done to quite a few members

im going to be a bit of a party pooper here and ask how it will affect your nissan warranty?

I know changing the wheels for most manufacturers "technically" voids the warranty. its something the dealerships tend to ignore as keeping a customer is more valuable than kicking off. just thought i'd say :shrug:

im going to be a bit of a party pooper here and ask how it will affect your nissan warranty?

I know changing the wheels for most manufacturers "technically" voids the warranty. its something the dealerships tend to ignore as keeping a customer is more valuable than kicking off. just thought i'd say :shrug:

that's why i'm keeping the Rays for when it goes to get serviced while the warranty is still valid :teeth:

They'd have to prove without a shadow of a doubt that the wheels caused whatever problem you are seeing. I can only see this effecting wheel bearings tbh and I have never heard of any going on a 350z because of new wheels so dont expect a 370z to either, especially if someone like Adam supplies and gives the correct offsets ;)

Speak to Adam@Z1auto mate, he'll sort you out some good options if the wheels are only available in the states. Over this side of the pond Envy (Chilli Red) and Kudos (Andy) are worth speaking to as well.

Keep the OEM wheels for if you have a problem and stick them back on when you take it in ;) Or alternatively get some winter tyres for the kind of weather we have now!