tracker

350 Russ

I have this one http://www.tracker.co.uk/TRACKER/ on my BMW I renew it every year at a cost of £110 and it's NEVER made my insurance cheaper EVER! every time I have told insurance companies it's fitted with Tracker I have never got any more discount so I'm not sure why I keep renewing my Tracker policy. :shrug:

this was kind of my thought,

just doesn't seem cost effective, when you have insurance in the first place :shrug:

My gf Mini has a tracker, fitted by BMW and her insurance company said it made no difference to her premium. Her insurance company is Liverpool Victoria (LV). Apparently you pay around £100 each year and keep doing so, however if you pay one lump sum of ~£300 it is paid for for life. This is all in addition to the initial set up cost. All these costs are approx. Only thinking from memory when she bought the car. It's worth it if you want to get your car back very quickly (of course this is reliant on the police doing their job quickly) before any damage is done to the car. It also relies on you finding out your car has been stolen just after it has been stolen. Waking up the next morning and finding the car is missing gives them several hours to torch it. But definitely don't get a tracker to reduce your premium because it won't. Up to you though.

My gf Mini has a tracker, fitted by BMW and her insurance company said it made no difference to her premium. Her insurance company is Liverpool Victoria (LV). Apparently you pay around £100 each year and keep doing so, however if you pay one lump sum of ~£300 it is paid for for life. This is all in addition to the initial set up cost. All these costs are approx. Only thinking from memory when she bought the car. It's worth it if you want to get your car back very quickly (of course this is reliant on the police doing their job quickly) before any damage is done to the car. It also relies on you finding out your car has been stolen just after it has been stolen. Waking up the next morning and finding the car is missing gives them several hours to torch it. But definitely don't get a tracker to reduce your premium because it won't. Up to you though.

Some policies will require a tracker :) A mate of mine was looking at Imprezas & nearly every company requested a tracker to be fitted

Some policies will require a tracker :) A mate of mine was looking at Imprezas & nearly every company requested a tracker to be fitted

Tell him to get a zed then instead :thumbs:

I was also thinking about some kind of tracker, but after reading the comments, dont think its really worth it now.