Given the last few weeks weather.......

DoogyRev

As I may be looking to get some new wheels in the next year :teeth: , just wondered everyones thoughts are on not selling the standard RAYS and getting some decent winter tyres fitted on them?

Does anyone have any winter tyres on their Zed? Any recommendations?

The Zed is my only car..... going stir crazy working from home :scare:

I have no experience of winter tyres so just wanted to know if with them fitted it would make a difference, which would thus enable me to only take one spare pair of pants out instead of the whole drawer :lol:

I think they would undoubtedly make a difference - even the 4x4s have been struggling in this weather because of the poor performance of the summer tyres they're fitted with - and if you are adamant you don't want to run a sh1tter through the winter months I think it would be a sensible way to go. You'd need a tyre not just focussed on snow and one you knew would give a good performance in the cold wet conditions that we're more used to here.

You can't cheat the laws of physics though and personally I run a cheap 4x4 and leave the RWD coupe alone in this weather. :thumbs:

I could not justify getting a second car "just for this weather" unless we end up like the alps every year.. cant see it happening.

I have no problems driving the Zed in the wet, just the ice and snow. I have never driven a car this bad in these conditions!!!