Import V UK?

Tricky-Ricky

I'd check any import for a delimiter as there have been sooooo many people coming on here with limited JDMs wondering why they can't get over 112mph, which patently haven't been delimited when sva'd :thumbs:

i agree ( :scare::lol: ), the fresh imports i looked at, when looking at one to buy, hadn't been delimited

although i always thought it was 60l (JDM) vs 80l (UK), rather than 70

good point Sarnie, as I having never broken the speed limit I just assumed it was done during the SVA ;)

I did think it was part and parcel with the mileage conversion - as in other imports but seem to remember something about this being a can system or simiilar so it cant be done as normal

R.E. tank size always I thought it was 70 litres - will check in when next I run her dry then fill her up to the brim :blush: sound a bit pervy now I've written it down

I think its all down to the quality of service provided by the importers, my last one took care of everything.

I think the HKS and other delimiter/converter, intercepts the signal from the ECU to the speedo, and modifies that, but the speed limiter is a function of the ECU, but this also can be intercepted and modified pre ECU.

I think its all down to the quality of service provided by the importers, my last one took care of everything.

I think the HKS and other delimiter/converter, intercepts the signal from the ECU to the speedo, and modifies that, but the speed limiter is a function of the ECU, but this also can be intercepted and modified pre ECU.

I'm not sure I understand that, but I do know that almost all of us with imports have either had to install a delimiter ourselves or make do with the 112 mph limit, just as Sarnie said. It is definitely not part of the SVA for the car.

I'm not sure I understand that, but I do know that almost all of us with imports have either had to install a delimiter ourselves or make do with the 112 mph limit, just as Sarnie said. It is definitely not part of the SVA for the car.

I think you misunderstand me with regard to SVA and delimiting, it was somebody else that thought it was done at the same time IE part of.

I merely said that most importers will, and do SVA imports when needed and before sale, and that the one i had dealt with had made sure that the vehicle was delimited and speed converted, not that it was all

part and parcel of the same process.

I think you misunderstand me with regard to SVA and delimiting, it was somebody else that thought it was done at the same time IE part of.

I merely said that most importers will, and do SVA imports when needed and before sale, and that the one i had dealt with had made sure that the vehicle was delimited and speed converted, not that it was all

Understood - sorry for the confusion. I think you were lucky with your previous importer, though, because most of them don't seem to do the delimiting.

There appears to be alot of negativity associated with Imports and I'm unsure why?

Few things i love about my JDM, all the little bits really

Interior

Auto roll up windows on both sides, (and not just driver's side like on UK)

Doors unlock on both sides on 1 click of the remote

Footwell lights (that dims like the map light)

Not an all black interior (lighter grey down the centre console)

Nicer (thinner) air con controls.

Lights in cubby hole boxes (think that is just JDM)

Exterior

Better looking rear bumper with no toe eye cover or letterbox numberplate (In my opinion of course)

No Headlight washers, Much cleaner looks (have never felt the need to clean my headlights whilst driving, EVER!)

Some JDM's mirrors fold in on locking

Engine

ECU non restrictive to mods (With an exhaust/ Filter and plenum im running 285bhp)

Car tax - £180 :teeth:

Insurance - Never seen a difference between UK and JDM prices

easily adjusted so you can have both doors open on 1st click or keep the passenger door locked as an anti-carjack option. Mine was on 2 clicks when i got it, soon changed it when the wife kept complaining about being wet while i was already in the car :lol:

ECU non restrictive to mods (With an exhaust/ Filter and plenum im running 285bhp)

really , never heard of that to be honest, run a few imports on the dyno never found they was any different from a UK or US ecu , all work in the same way ,276bhp JDM early US cars run narrow band 02 sensors , all UK cars and late US 276bhp cars run wide band 02 sensors , self tune to ecu parameters,ignition timing self learns as well.

high det ignition map pulls around 5 degrees of ignition timing in relation to low det map , also running 95 octane in a high compression motor is a no go I am afraid. Car will self learn the ignition your see around -30 bhp on a dyno run running 95 octane.

Mapped a few cars to run on 95 octane thou , they run around 260ish bhp after setting up.

Mark

How does it affect torque Mark? I think most of us on the here go for the thrill of acceleration on the road (attributable to torque AFAIK) rather than top speed (where you need HP). I'm not trying to be clever but I just wondered if that's the reason why we daily drivers don't notice an appreciable difference with the higher octane fuel.

did you see my earlier question Mark ... I'm keen to get your views

Question Mark ???????

PS I know its not part of the actual SVA but it is usually sorted out the same time as the KPH to MPH conversion that takes place during the SVA as they are in under the dash anyhow

There appears to be alot of negativity associated with Imports and I'm unsure why?

Few things i love about my JDM, all the little bits really

Interior

Auto roll up windows on both sides, (and not just driver's side like on UK)

Footwell lights (that dims like the map light)

Not an all black interior (lighter grey down the centre console)

Nicer (thinner) air con controls.

Lights in cubby hole boxes (think that is just JDM)

Exterior

Better looking rear bumper with no toe eye cover or letterbox numberplate (In my opinion of course)

No Headlight washers, Much cleaner looks (have never felt the need to clean my headlights whilst driving, EVER!)

Some JDM's mirrors fold in on locking

Engine

Car tax - £180 :teeth:

Insurance - Never seen a difference between UK and JDM prices

dont forget for the extra bling factor the all important folding wing mirrors - link these in with your alarm and it looks the shizzle :lol: I'll get me coat :cold:

high det ignition map pulls around 5 degrees of ignition timing in relation to low det map , also running 95 octane in a high compression motor is a no go I am afraid. Car will self learn the ignition your see around -30 bhp on a dyno run running 95 octane.

Mapped a few cars to run on 95 octane thou , they run around 260ish bhp after setting up.

Mark

How does it affect torque Mark? I think most of us on the here go for the thrill of acceleration on the road (attributable to torque AFAIK) rather than top speed (where you need HP). I'm not trying to be clever but I just wondered if that's the reason why we daily drivers don't notice an appreciable difference with the higher octane fuel.

did you see my earlier question Mark ... I'm keen to get your views

The cars only listen for Detonation(knock) to around 5000rpm after this it it to noisy to use a knock sensor to run closed loop knock control. If you run 95 octane the ECU will allow enough ignition to run nearly stock ignition timing up to around 5000rpm , thats why the cars dont feel that down on torque and bhp when running 95 octane fuel , over that RPM your running the risk of detonating a motor. Also the stock fuel map is pretty rich so this helps control detonation. The cars when you tune on 95 octane we find you cant tune close to det threshold , 95 once it start detonating doesnt stop where as super will run close and not walk into fall detonation.

We find once you get the cars on the dyno, reset the ECU take approx 6/8 pulls to settle down to give good figures. This is the time for the car to wind the ignition in to give reasonable bhp/torque.

hope this helps.

Mark