Motordyne XYZ pipe

matth76

Hi Mark

Any news when you will be fitting the Motordyne XYZ pipe to your 350z (is it a 276bhp model)? And is the rest of your car totally stock (including rest of exhaust) when you add the XYZ Y-pipe when you dyno it? Will you be applying your uprev flash tune to see what gains the XYZ pipe alone gives with your remap? Very interested to see how it goes.

Thanks for any info.

Matt

• 4 weeks later...

Not got a stock car UK at the moment,we have a 350Z UK car that is being repaired as we speak that we will use as a development car , I will try out the idea you have.

My JDM car is way past a stock car and will take to long to put back to stock.

Will keep you up to speed at what is going on thou.

Mark

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring up an old post but was this ever answered?

I'm currently trying to re-search the best mods to combine for the ultimate result. So far proving difficult? Any advice here?

What I was thinking was K&N panel filter + Motordyne 5/16" spacer + Scorpion back box + Motordyne XYZ pipe + Remap?

I'm looking to reach 260rwhp so could someone point me in the right direction? including specific brands?

What I was thinking was K&N panel filter + Motordyne 5/16" spacer + Scorpion back box + Motordyne XYZ pipe + Remap?

What your thinking of doing re the stock cats? I think you need to either run race cats in the stock postion or run Motorsdyne ART pipes or Berk decats in the stock postion and a XYZ fitted with race cat.

I'm looking to reach 260rwhp so could someone point me in the right direction? including specific brands?

We normally get between 250 and 260 HUB bhp with the mods you have quoted including doing something with the cats.

My own UK 2004 350z is running ART de-cats and XYZ with no CAT , No PLENUM spacer stock 04 airbox with HKS filter runs 254bhp at the hub,s with a good UPREV tune. I feel it may give another 5/10bhp with a plenum spacer, drives real nice very strong mid-range.

Mark

Thanks Mark for the response.

I installed the Scorpion cat-back exhaust yesterday.

I am thinking either stock cats or berk high flow cats? Are they worth the £450-500 they seem to sell for, online?

The only reason I dont want de-cats is I want the car to be road legal / MOT passable. I take it Berk HFC ARE Emissions legal?

I take it the Motordyne 5/16" is probably the better one to go for? I take it a general greese monkey mechanic would be able to fit this with no problems too? lol.

Do yourselves SELL and/or fit the common bolt on modifications I previously mentioned (Plenum Spacer, XYZ Pipe and HFC)

Is the XYZ proven to give any considerable gain over standard as I dont want to spend too much money for very little returns. More after bang for buck?

Cheers Mark.

I went for some cheapo resonated decat pipes and the Motordyne race catalyst that sits just behind the XYZ pipe (it's sort of part of it, you replace the straight through pipe). It does make a lovely sound and I only have a stock back box. Made decent power too, best part of 300bhp with only some very minor mods.

Thanks Mark for the response.

I installed the Scorpion cat-back exhaust yesterday.

I am thinking either stock cats or berk high flow cats? Are they worth the £450-500 they seem to sell for, online?

The only reason I dont want de-cats is I want the car to be road legal / MOT passable. I take it Berk HFC ARE Emissions legal?

I take it the Motordyne 5/16" is probably the better one to go for? I take it a general greese monkey mechanic would be able to fit this with no problems too? lol.

Do yourselves SELL and/or fit the common bolt on modifications I previously mentioned (Plenum Spacer, XYZ Pipe and HFC)

Is the XYZ proven to give any considerable gain over standard as I dont want to spend too much money for very little returns. More after bang for buck?

Cheers Mark.

We normally get between 250 and 260 HUB bhp with the mods you have quoted including doing something with the cats.

My own UK 2004 350z is running ART de-cats and XYZ with no CAT , No PLENUM spacer stock 04 airbox with HKS filter runs 254bhp at the hub,s with a good UPREV tune. I feel it may give another 5/10bhp with a plenum spacer, drives real nice very strong mid-range.

Mark

So my own setup is real similar to Marks apart from the plenum spacer and I DO have a cat, albeit the Motordyne one, mine made pretty much 260 at the hubs:

350z-dyno-graph-1.jpg

Mark you got any experience on how people get on with these Motordyne race cats as I need to get mine MOT'd in a few weeks.

Ant.

Just make sure the cat are warmed up properly , we have had trouble when MOT testers dont pre-warm the cat properly. As the single cat is further back it does take longer to get up to temperature.

Yes we carry Berks de-cats and Motordyne ART de-cats on the shelf.

Mark