New Exhaust on its way!

Cookbot

Decided to go down the custom route and it's booked in tomorrow at Exhausts UK. I can decide the sound, volume, shape, size and loads of other stuff, so will get a pic on and maybe a sound clip when done. £580 fitted which looks a good price to me as the Blue Flame I like is about that, but this has a 25 year warranty. Winner.

Right, alloys next...

Cookie

but the warranty only lasts as long as you personally own the car, most people would rather have a nismo, fubjisubo, mongoose ect over a custom jobbie from a franchise, i kinda get what your sayin tho, be good to hear it once its done

but the warranty only lasts as long as you personally own the car, most people would rather have a nismo, fubjisubo, mongoose ect over a custom jobbie from a franchise, i kinda get what your sayin tho, be good to hear it once its done

Thats because people in the UK are not adventurous enough, most here will just stick to the norm :)

I had mine fitted at Exhausts UK - good bunch of lads (Sheffield ?). Only issue i had was with the smaller rear collector that they fitted - it would persistently 'blemish' really badly every few days of driving due to the way the exhaust gases entered the collector - causing scorch type marks on the stainless where the hot gases flowed in. They sorted this by welding another stainless cover over the collector, complete with Cobra logo. Looks totaly stealth but has fixed the quirk :)

Ive had no other issues at all - fit is great and the sound is just what i wanted. Think i paid a lot less than you but i already had an ESR Y pipe fitted so they only fitted a centre pipe, rear collector and rear pipes. iirc they said i could take it back whenever and (at a cost of parts only i think) they said they would swap the rear pipes for a different style if i got bored of the ones i have ! Think mine are twin 4" pipes but i might be wrong . . .

Are you fussy about the sound? This was the main reason for me going to EUK - and they sorted the sound out by experimenting with different size rear collectors so on idle its pretty normal but on WOT it lets the V6 roar B)

youve found a custom exhaust place that will swap your 2.5" system for a 3" system for free just because you feel like a change? i dont think so...

Where does it say that?

He said that they will change the tailpipes FOC & that he could change to 3" piping if he wanted - No mention of it being free :shrug:

youve found a custom exhaust place that will swap your 2.5" system for a 3" system for free just because you feel like a change? i dont think so...

Yeah only the rear pipes, not the full system. iirc the rear sections simply cut off and alternate pipes/tail pieces can be welded on.