Universal 100 Cpi Motorsport Cats

maz77

just vouching for experience from members on universal 100 Cpi Motorsport Cats

I came across Hoffmann's universal 100 cpi (cells per square inch) Motorsport Cat.

I know they are not MOT friendly but is there anything with better flow thats track/motorsport approaved.

thanks in advance

kinetix, berks envy's own brand. are all racing cats all with similiar CPI's

Really? Theres no mention of the rates on the Envy site :)

Maz, I had 100 cell race cats on my car & passe an MOT with no problem, they are now on Nurrishes car :thumbs: They were a lot more expensive than the other makes but well worth the money :D

i beleive the 3 i mentioned are all between 100-300 cpi. can't rememeber where i read it, and i can't seem to find the info. could be wrong. but the difference should be a gnats testicle of sod all difference between them in overall performance.

neede to know the exact spec. are the 100, 200 or 300 c?

I am looking at 100 c as they offer the best flow bar decats I believe :thumbs:

A 100c cat will pass any MOT without a hitch, I've run them on previous cars too :thumbs:

In my experience changing the OEM cat to lower CPI ones makes precious little difference as OEM cats flow sooooo much better than they used to; however I believe it was Adam who corrected my statement last time by saying that there was a noticeable difference on his car when he swapped over, so perhaps Nissan have used more restrictive cats on the Zed than other manufacturers use.