How to - Fix your electric windows (.pdf)

SteveW

I had the problem of the window not dropping and opening itself on Auto-Up. So I did just the reset today. I found it impossible to get into the car with the door card off but still attached by the wires.

So I tried it with the door open - just flicked the latch in the door as if it had been shut. The window then wouldn't go up more than a third of the way.

Jabbed the interior light nipple on the door and it sent the window up. Strange.

Works fine now. :D

• 1 month later...

Great guide. I have just done mine it took around 50 minutes.

My window was stuck at the top I put a new motor in instead of brushes.

The only thing I can add is that I also saw this guide too. http://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair/361241-how-to-repair-stuck-broken-window-motor.html

Taping the window meant no messing around with getting the glass right.

No idea what would happen if the window was down :)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Perfect guide!

My driver window would not automatically move up or down when opening/closing door, it was a pain having to get in and out to make sure the window was up enough to not let rain in but also not to high so then it would hit the car.

I always doubt that whenever i do stuff like this it doesn't work but it did! and i thank you! very clear instructions, very difficult to go wrong. I'm well happy

• 5 months later...

Just changed the motor in the passenger side - despite being a mechanical numpty it only took a couple of hours as I took it nice and steady. Couple of points. The guide is for the drivers side - look at Renegade's link for instructions on stripping out the passenger side. And that guide also suggests taping up the window glass and not removing it which worked very well for me.

If you're changing a motor, it's relatively easy to just undo the three securing screws and pop the old one off and the new one on then replace everything.

And when putting all the (12) securing bolts back in the door plate leave out one at the top. I was confused as I appeared to have lost a bolt. But the top securing bolt on the passenger pull handle which comes off first and goes on last is also a securing bolt for the door plate.....