sNOW FUN !!!!!

Carlin

OMG !!Got up today and had to take my baby out in the ice .My wife needed my audi which is four wheel drive and never been out in a really cold day in the nissan .Never again as when I go round the corner from my house and it was BLACK ICE.Not good at the best of times but managed to get to work in one peice .Wheels just spinning doh .

Zed in the garage and not coming out till the snow is away !!!!!!!!1

Cheers . :scare::scare::scare::scare::scare:

In previous winters I have been very timid about taking the Zed out in this type of weather. However, this year, with the Toyos still having lots of tread on them, I am finding that the grip is much better in all but the iciest of conditions. I did get a bit of fishtailing today on the way past Bathgate on the A801, but that was because I accelerated a tad too quickly while trying to get past someone who was clearly terrified of a bit of snow on the road! Otherwise I found the Zed no worse than any other RWD with a bit of power under the bonnet. :thumbs:

Hanging the tail out isn't the problem - it's getting decent traction. Like most front engined RWD cars, the zed is light on the back and struggles to get the power down in slippery conditions. Good fun though so long as there's plenty of room :D

That's where my MR2 makes light work of the snow...oodles of traction!! :thumbs:

Effectively makes the car like a snowmobile...power and weight at the back and little skis at the front!! It really doesn't strugggle in this weather, and very good to get from house to a clearer main road...

I used one of our company cars in the snow last year, a Golf Plus!! The traction control threw a hissy fit and you just couldn't get anywhere, especially if it involved turning and accelerating at the same time!! :lol:

Hanging the tail out isn't the problem - it's getting decent traction. Like most front engined RWD cars, the zed is light on the back and struggles to get the power down in slippery conditions. Good fun though so long as there's plenty of room :D

That's where my MR2 makes light work of the snow...oodles of traction!! :thumbs:

Effectively makes the car like a snowmobile...power and weight at the back and little skis at the front!! It really doesn't strugggle in this weather, and very good to get from house to a clearer main road...

I used one of our company cars in the snow last year, a Golf Plus!! The traction control threw a hissy fit and you just couldn't get anywhere, especially if it involved turning and accelerating at the same time!! :lol:

Hello mate, nice to see another 2 owner converting to Zed power!!

Dan

so someone explain to me about turning the TC off then if you get stuck, i'm a bit thick when it comes to knowing what to do.........

It's really a case of once you've switched the TCS off the engine power won't be reduced when the wheels spin, so you can give it as much gas as you need but be ready to catch the back end :yahoo:

wow! B)

this is my first year of having a 4x4 and snow.

i shouldn't be surprised i suppose, but this morning it just drove as though there was no snow at all. amazing!! first time driving on snow hasn't felt like having ice skates on! :lol:

last year i found the zed was driveable on snow, but very slowly, and going up any even small hills i just had to keep going and not stop - i'm not sure i would have got going again on a hill!

i did miss the zed's heated seats this morning though :cold:

Picked my current zed up on Wednesday after 2 years since my last one.

Sports Clutch, unfamiliar car....snow!

I'm not ashamed to admit - I walked to work this morning.

Mind you, this time last year I was riding my R1 80 miles a day to London and back, so not a complete pansy-boy.

I got stuck on my drive last year...one of those hessian doormats under the rear wheel does wonders for traction!!

A similar technique can be used if you're out and about by using the footmats...although once you get moving you'd need a passenger to pick them up and catch up with you!! :lol: