is it wrong to like...

zedwagon

i've been in one recently - its quite cute but defo one for the girls.

yes, i think you could only drive it if you were a girl, but then again i used to have a MX-5!. i saw one last night and i thought it looked quite good. reminded me of a shoe - a rugged sort of goth trainer/boot with a platform heel...mmmm...must be the hormones... :surrender::lol:

can't find the right picture, but something like this...

71776119062898605copy.jpg

Like the outside, love the engine, hate the interior. It's just such a dull place to be, and coming from a Zed owner that's really saying something! :lol:

Great cars to drive though, and the 135i would be quicker than a 350 just about anywhere you'd care to mention.

Like the outside, love the engine, hate the interior. It's just such a dull place to be, and coming from a Zed owner that's really saying something! :lol:

Great cars to drive though, and the 135i would be quicker than a 350 just about anywhere you'd care to mention.

sounds promising

can live with a dull interior if its good to drive

Don't think there would be very much between them at all. And which one would get a second glance?

That 3L twin turbo engine has more torque over a broader range, as well as a more modern chassis that is smaller and more nimble. I'm not saying it's completely the better car (if it was then I'd own one), but to suggest that it wouldn't be quicker point to point and stock for stock with a Zed wouldn't be correct IMHO. A quick remap on it would give silly figures, and you'd have to spend daft money to get the same amount in the 350Z.

In some angles I even prefer the looks of the 135i, but as an overall package to someone who doesn't like turbo engines I'll be sticking with my ragtop Datsun for now.

That 3L twin turbo engine has more torque over a broader range, as well as a more modern chassis that is smaller and more nimble. I'm not saying it's completely the better car (if it was then I'd own one), but to suggest that it wouldn't be quicker point to point and stock for stock with a Zed wouldn't be correct IMHO. A quick remap on it would give silly figures, and you'd have to spend daft money to get the same amount in the 350Z.

In some angles I even prefer the looks of the 135i, but as an overall package to someone who doesn't like turbo engines I'll be sticking with my ragtop Datsun for now.

I never suggested it wouldn't be quicker, I said there wouldn't be that much in it. When you compare 5.4s to 60 rather than 5.6 the facts tell me there won't be much in it :D

The 1 series is a pure girls car, and the 350z is one of very few convertibles it's cool for a guy to drive without looking like a hairdresser.

I never suggested it wouldn't be quicker, I said there wouldn't be that much in it. When you compare 5.4s to 60 rather than 5.6 the facts tell me there won't be much in it :D

The 1 series is a pure girls car, and the 350z is one of very few convertibles it's cool for a guy to drive without looking like a hairdresser.

0-60 means nothing, it's the in-gear times which will really count. An S1 Elise has a 0-60 time greater than a Zed, but you wouldn't see which way one went in reality (although that's weight and chassis above than in-gear shove).

I don't think the 135i is particularly girly at all, not so compared with an MX-5 or MR-2. It's not brawny like a Zed coupe, but I would consider it happily on a level with the 350 ragtop.