10) Liam

11)Oggy

12)Zzzz

13)Chris_B

14) AndyC

15) Stevie_350z

I have re-arranged my 'Ring 07 trip so I can make this :teeth:

Good on ya Stevie :thumbs:

With south east, south west, north + scotland we should have > 30!
Too right!!

COMEON PEOPLE, GET YOUR NAMES DOWN FOR THE BEST MEET IN 2007!!!

If we get more than 50 people, i will bring a model to pose on all our cars ;) so get your names down

• 4 weeks later...

do you guys think P15 is taking the **** or what? :wacko: Is he talking about our club or another unknown entity? :wacko::wacko: specifically post #19

http://forums.DELETED.com/inde ... c=8923&hl=

No idea what he's on about. Jacko was supposed to liaise with him from our side, but it looks like due to serious family committments he can't be online. (and hasn't been for a long time)

Anyone want to volunteer to pick this up with P15 on the other side?

Guest prescience

I think originally there was discussion of a meet at Duxford with another (and not this 350z-uk owners club)

http://forums.DELETED.com/inde ... topic=8625

if you follow that through you can see Steve (p15) has chosen his words quite carefully and not defined whether the 'other club' is this one or the separate original one alluded to initially.

From the link above in this post (#19), it would be my assumption, that if any Joint Meet were to happen it has to be via this Owners Club contacting Duxford direct and thence Steve would become aware of that via the Duxford management as the intermediary. Further, I read into this, but I hope to be shown to be wrong, that Steve does not wish to liaise directly with 350z-uk

Either ambiguity or obfuscation, you takes your choice :)

ps I would be more than happy for Steve to post up here and say I'm talking out of my hat; I have no axe to grind either way and am just commenting on what I read

OK, I'll try but I'm not exactly Mr Popular over there. What I can't commit to is being the full time liaison for this meet as I simply can't promise I have the time. I'll let everyone know if I get a response. :thumbs:

From the link above in this post (#19), it would be my assumption, that if any Joint Meet were to happen it has to be via this Owners Club contacting Duxford direct and thence Steve would become aware of that via the Duxford management as the intermediary. Further, I read into this, but I hope to be shown to be wrong, that Steve does not wish to liaise directly with 350z-uk

that'd be quite rich of him, after what he posted on this very site! (talk about 2 faced! :surrender: ) Hope to be proved wrong too!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:23 pm r

Gents

As you can clearly see I am here and thank you for accepting my presence.

Having read Sarnie's post regarding a joint meeting I thought 'what the heck' lets go for it.

It, initially seems to me that there is no resistance to such a meeting taking place.... that is great! Can you please be patient with me regarding this potential meeting as I am sure you will appreciate that the OC is rather occupied with the forthcoming National Meeting in September.

The venue I have in mind is the Imperial War Museum at Duxford. The museum sits right beside the M11 at, I think, junction 10 so I hope this would be easy for everyone to reach. I appreciate that this venue may mean that quite a few people have to drive a distance but of course we cannot please everyone as to location. The museum is a great venue full of interest and it means that people can wander off to view the exhibits rather than staying with the cars all day.

Right, this only meant to be an initial 'hello' so I hope that you will agree to this suggestion and keep going along with this idea of a meeting. If you want further info from me or if you want to pass info to me then can you please e-mail me or have someone pm me over at the other site?

Thank you for your support and I hope this all works out in due course.

and again:

Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:13 pm

Anyone can go over to the OC site and join up as a 'user'. The is totally free and there is no restriction on the user threads and forums. Please enjoy what you see. Clearly as it is a 'subscription based club' there are areas you cannot see and access. I think you will find mention of this meeting within the public area.

Guys, I have already e-mailed Duxford to try to gain information for their next car club based event which if 2006 was anything to go by wil be in May. One way or another you will be kept up to date.

That is it for now as I will return to the OC site as you would expect. Thank you.

From my enquiry of Steve, and his reply, he made it clear the Duxford Management are talking to another make owners club about a meet on the same date.

I think its very easy to read into a post something thats not intended, and when I've talked to him, he's always been clear "the more the merrier" (except for their members only formal events).

So lets not **** anyone off, and just support his efforts to arrange a venue. I think it would be great if lots of 350Z owners could get together for a day, and I'm far too old get into a pissing contest (although I might win on frequency, rather than quantity!).

More power to Steve's elbow and I'll support him any way I can.

JohnK

From my enquiry of Steve, and his reply, he made it clear the Duxford Management are talking to another make owners club about a meet on the same date.

I think its very easy to read into a post something thats not intended, and when I've talked to him, he's always been clear "the more the merrier" (except for their members only formal events).

So lets not **** anyone off, and just support his efforts to arrange a venue. I think it would be great if lots of 350Z owners could get together for a day, and I'm far too old get into a pissing contest (although I might win on frequency, rather than quantity!).

More power to Steve's elbow and I'll support him any way I can.

JohnK

Like I said above, I think Steve means another club and I've posted on the OC to see if I can solve the mystery. Can you step into the breach and take over liaisons between the 2 sites for the meet? You sound like a sensible, mature ( ;) ) candidate for the job. :thumbs:

PS You never got back to me on those badges, mate. :)

it was agreed to have a member from here to help coordinate things from our side, but as I said before Jacko doesn't seem to be able to do this anymore, and considering the frequency of P15's updates on this for our members, IMO it is essential to have a co-organiser from here too.

Why?

because on his site there is no mention whatsoever at any point of this event being a joint meet with us. Even worse, he keeps mentioning this other unknown club to make up their numbers to get to the minimum 50 cars? what about our 20 members already willing to participate to it?

I might be cynical but I haven't seen any mention whatsoever on his site about this being a joint effort, just a "somewhat oversubscribed" regional meet of theirs. IMO this is not the way it should be, that's all. (look at what's the name of this event on this very site for a clue)

Well thats really motivated me to help!

Fact: Steve came up with this meet as SE Coordinator to the OC. Its not a members event and all Z owners are welcome (I, as a non-member, went to last years at Paddock Wood and it was good day).

Fact: Steve asked how many of our members might show up.

I presume (but dont know 100% for certain, but am more than willing to beleive) this was so he could give numbers to Duxford.

Steve says Duxford Management are discussing with a different club their request for the same date. It was implied that this wasn't us and I also believe that.

Or has someone on here made an approach to Duxford to throw a spanner in the works?

My current view: If Steve can organise an event for Z owners in the South East, I shall attend in just that capacity. I would also encourage other Z owners to do the same, whether they be members of this forum or people I meet on the street!

I'm afraid you are reading the wrong stuff into my posts mate.

AFAIK noone from here has approached Duxford, so who's being cynical now? The only person that was supposed to co-ordinate from this side was Jacko, and he's not been online for weeks (if not months).

Personally I don't think I'm going to bother participating to a simple "regional meet" from another club, tbh. Last time I checked (re-read this thread fully this morning) this was supposed to be a joint meet for both clubs to show goodwill in order to please both members of both communities. Seems like the person who volunteered to organise this (re-read P15's posts on here to confirm) has now "downgraded" what was supposed to be a Joint National Meet.

Just to make it clearer, from his posts over there it seems as if he liaised with another club in order to make up his numbers and never ever mentioned us. That's what I understood about this "other club".

PS (this is the edit after re-reading your post John) Sarnie came with the idea of a joint meet between the 2 sites, not Steve. He volunteered afterwards and started the ball rolling with mentioning this Duxford place. And Jacko was supposed to be co-ordinating from this side. That's where it was at.

This was Steve's last post in the other forum:

"Yes.... I am waiting on the Duxford management to put me in touch with the other car club

The 350ZOC will not be the only club attending, the trouble is that I have no idea as to who the other club is I will badger the management again this forthcoming week "

Doesn't sound to me like he's invited another club ...

Guest prescience
This was Steve's last post in the other forum:

"Yes.... I am waiting on the Duxford management to put me in touch with the other car club

The 350ZOC will not be the only club attending, the trouble is that I have no idea as to who the other club is I will badger the management again this forthcoming week "

Doesn't sound to me like he's invited another club ...

No it doesn't, but neither does it make clear whether he has mentioned this Club to Duxford or he would've said 'The 350ZOC and the other 350z Club (he can't use the name ;) ) are not the only clubs attending...'

Hence my question above is whether he is progressing this Clubs participation as part of the package or expecting someone from here to liaise with him to progress it or soemone from here to contact Duxford direct

Digsy posted a question regarding clarification of this simple matter some many hours earlier and despite being on-line Steve has not posted to make the above clear.

All he needs to say is what he is doing and what he is not doing so that someone else can fill any void - it's that simple