Joint National Meet (all Z's together) possibilty

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be up for a meet organised here (as I have been for Goodwood and Stonesfield), but NOT if its was organised for the same date as the other groups meet. I think that would be petty and not in the interest of Z owners (I'm not a paid up member of the other group for a number of reasons, but the SE section has previously welcomed all Z owners to its meet, done preparation for the Duxford one and I, for one, will attend that).

Meanwhile I think its a good idea to rename the thread. I think the thread name caused a lot of people to become confused about things.

Just my two-penn'orth...

the attachment that the OC management has to the "National" title is downright ridiculous imo. A national meet is any meet that sees owners participating from all over the country, that's all.

AFAIK Sarnie when he started this idea only wanted to get both clubs together with as many Zeds as possible, from all over the country, hence being labelled "national".

Personally I just think that the simple fact that the person who was supposed to organise this national meeting/get together/call it whatever you like can't even clarify simple points and questions asked by our members, simply shows that he and his club don't care about them, and more importantly don't give a @*!# about those who are trying to build bridges.

I for one have given up on it tbh.

I say let's organise a National 350z-uk.com meet. Oh, and our meets are always open to everyone, we are not so racist to distinguish between users and members as elsewhere ;)

and our meets are always open to everyone, we are not so racist to distinguish between users and members as elsewhere ;)

A bit strong Val?

All i wanted was to have a huge meet with as many zeds as possible whilst mending some bridges in the process :)

and our meets are always open to everyone, we are not so racist to distinguish between users and members as elsewhere ;)

A bit strong Val?

All i wanted was to have a huge meet with as many zeds as possible whilst mending some bridges in the process :)

I think thats what we all wanted Sarnie but it takes two to mend bridges, so if they dont want to then like Val says we might as well give up. Just have our own national meet and enjoy the day. We just need to get as many zeds we can get on our day out. :thumbs:

Liam the fact is that what P15 is organising currently is not a joint meet nor it is being organised to build any bridges. They don't care about building bridges, if you hadn't understood that already ;)

I'll tell you what they'll answer: they'll tell you that you are more than welcome to participate to THEIR meet at Duxford. As it's open to users and members alike, as they call them.

So this is no joint meet ;)

Difference is, we allow our members to discuss another club's meet freely on here, why don't you try and post about one of our meets over there? see how long the thread lasts ;)

Given that it's been a good few days since I posted my views here and there has been no mass outcry about saving the meet or building bridges, I don't actually believe that the idea is as popular as I thought. Steve has confirmed what I posted above - this is an OC South-East meet where all are welcome but not a joint meet.

I now suggest we lock this thread as the original idea seems dead in the water. Those who wish to can attend the Duxord date but I suggest that we as a club hold our own "National" and get as many of us together in one place. :thumbs: We can start a brand new thread for discussion of ideas, dates etc. Anyone think its a good idea?

PS I don't have the time and organisation isn't my thing so I'm not putting myself up as co-ordinator but I will give any volunteer as much assistance as I can. :teeth:

Given that it's been a good few days since I posted my views here and there has been no mass outcry about saving the meet or building bridges, I don't actually believe that the idea is as popular as I thought. Steve has confirmed what I posted above - this is an OC South-East meet where all are welcome but not a joint meet.

I now suggest we lock this thread as the original idea seems dead in the water. Those who wish to can attend the Duxord date but I suggest that we as a club hold our own "National" and get as many of us together in one place. :thumbs: We can start a brand new thread for discussion of ideas, dates etc. Anyone think its a good idea?

PS I don't have the time and organisation isn't my thing so I'm not putting myself up as co-ordinator but I will give any volunteer as much assistance as I can. :teeth:

you might be right Digsy, if there's no member against it, this is going to be closed. It will stay though as a testament of this club's members willingness to join the UK 350Z communities at least for one joint meet. But as you guys said, it takes 2 and the OC don't seem bothered in the slightest.

Guest prescience

If planning to attend this meet you might want to check that items of 350z-uk apparel are allowed. After all you don't want a visit on the day from 'The Sticker Police' waving copies of the OC Constitution or be a victim of 'The Air Brush Police' in any official photos after the event.

{This post is mainly tongue-in-cheek to comment on what, if you think about for a pico-second, is a BLOODY RIDICULOUS situation}

BLOODY RIDICULOUS situation

amen to that.

Dorian d you think if anyone of us turns up with a 350z-uk.com polo shirt, they'd make them take it off and walk around bare chested? :lol: what if one refused? do you think they'd be mobbed? abused? attacked? :lol:

PS now P15 is saying over there that this is HIS meeting, which he has organised. :thumbs: well done that man, in twisting reality to the next level :lol:

Guest prescience

It is easy to poke fun but we should say a big :thumbs: to those who tried (and regrettably failed) to broker a joint meet, JohnK, sarnie, digsy and others