Joint National Meet (all Z's together) possibilty

here http://forums.DELETED.com/inde ... c=8923&hl=

P15's posts have disappeared. (look at my post on top of the page previous page, mentioning post #19? ) did you think I dreamt about it? Dorian has read it too as he posted straight after me this morning. John I am convinced you have the best intentions, and so do I, from my part. I mentioned this exactly for his posts on the above thread, which are now no more, it appears.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was Steve's last post in the other forum:

"Yes.... I am waiting on the Duxford management to put me in touch with the other car club

The 350ZOC will not be the only club attending, the trouble is that I have no idea as to who the other club is I will badger the management again this forthcoming week "

Doesn't sound to me like he's invited another club ...

No it doesn't, but neither does it make clear whether he has mentioned this Club to Duxford or he would've said 'The 350ZOC and the other 350z Club (he can't use the name ;) ) are not the only clubs attending...'

Hence my question above is whether he is progressing this Clubs participation as part of the package or expecting someone from here to liaise with him to progress it or soemone from here to contact Duxford direct

Digsy posted a question regarding clarification of this simple matter some many hours earlier and despite being on-line Steve has not posted to make the above clear.

All he needs to say is what he is doing and what he is not doing so that someone else can fill any void - it's that simple

No PMs either, I'm afraid.

Guest prescience

It has been my opinion since seeing Steve take this on that he had no desire at all to have a Joint Meet and that he will only do it if his hand is forced.

I have seen nothing since whatsoever to make me change my view which has been further strengthened by today's actions.

I suspect that he would much prefer that this degenerated into a row to avoid the meet happening.

This is my own personal opinion as I say and in no way represents anybody else in this Club's opinion (as might have been inferred when I was a Moderator).

Steve, step up to the plate please and tell this Club what you are doing about this joint meet and 350z-uk's involvement

Valerio -> post #19 did exist but has mysteriously vanished as you say

Guest prescience

Can I suggest since as I have noted this might deteriorate into an argument (and I am aware that I am not helping) that this thread be locked for 24 hours which should

a) prevent the argument developing to the point where the meet can never happen AND more importantly

B) give Steve ample time to respond on the OC thread since he is unlikely to do so here

Please feel free to delete some of my earlier posts which you feel are not conducive to ensuring the Joint Meet happens

well his account is fully functioning here, with no issues at all. So he's more than welcome to reply here. But I see your point Dorian and I think it's a good idea. Locked until tomorrow to see what's the story with Steve aka P15.

thread unlocked.

P15 has now decided that this meet is only a regional one and not a joint effort between these 2 clubs. his reply on the other channel, again not even mentioning our involvement, is:

"There is a misapprehension somewhere that this is a National meeting. I must inform all readers that this is NOT a national meeting nono.gif The 2007 National meeting is on the calendar here. This is the Third South East Regional meeting smile.gif "

so it looks like they don't want this to happen.

My suggestion would be to run our own National meet on the same day, somewhere around the same area so that we can go say hello to P15 and his regional friends

Unstickied

:)

Either way, i really dont care and think its all silly. We are all the same, same cars, same people, same country, same world, FFS, does it matter really?

Whatever happens i am up for a meet be good if it was Duxford as i was planning on bringing my little boy who would love it there

Either way, i really dont care and think its all silly. We are all the same, same cars, same people, same country, same world, FFS, does it matter really?

Whatever happens i am up for a meet be good if it was Duxford as i was planning on bringing my little boy who would love it there

Agreed :thumbs:

reading through the OC thread on this .,

several people seem to mention a meeting of the 2 clans , but it just gets brushed aside by the hierarchy on there.

Does just one guy have the say on there ? I cant really fathom the process out , I could have sworn when reading through this thread previously they were all for a joint meet?? is this correct or have I misread :)

Just to complete the picture, on the date Steve is trying to book another club is in attendance at Duxford (not us) and apparently they need to be consulted before we can book. Steve is waiting for Duxford to confirm the contact details so he can speak to them and square it. Mystery cleared up and no conspiracy that I can see.

However, when I asked him to alter their thread to show that it was a joint meet, as a gesture of good faith he declined, and the post that Val refers to above was added. Now that could be interpreted that some of the OC members are mistaking it for the National meet that they ran for members only last year and obviously will be running again this year, hence the link to their calendar. I'm not going attempt to interpret it either way and I doubt that Steve will feel he needs to clarify it for us.

My own view is that at best Steve is organising a SE meet open to members and non-members alike at the OC (unlike the OC National). He (and the others on the OC) are "allowing" members of this site (and indeed any other Zed owners) to attend but I do not think this will ever be billed or described over there as a "joint meet". Perhaps we could have expected this when our website address remains banned.

Now, I appreciate that many on both sides are completely disinterested in a feud going back 12 months and indeed many will have registered since then and have simply chosen the site they feel most comfortable to frequent or perhaps use both. The consensus I have picked up from these owners is that they are just interested in a meet where as many Zeds turn up as possible and they have a good time at a cool venue. However, entrenched views on both sides from those involved from the beginning are likely to stand in the way.

I would ask that this thread is now used for constructive debate as to how we can take this forward and achieve what the rank and file users want to out of this meet. I think it only fair that if it then degenerates into the usual slanging match the thread is locked and we put the idea to bed. I would ask everyone who is thinking of posting to consider what they want to say carefully and to post respectfully.

Oh, and you can publicly flame me if you think I'm talking out of my hat. ;)

Sorry but I am not really interested in going as a non-member of the OC when P15 actually contributed to threads on here months ago when I said it would be great to have a joint meet having people like Digsy's band play and Stephen G do a stand-up for both sides.

Too me it seems we have been marginalised out of the meet.

It was never meant to be a National meet for them, it was to compliment their National and be a way of building bridges. From what I read now it seems that these bridges are only getting built on one side.

So, if it becomes a joint meet and we can represent the 350z-uk club then I am up for it, if I am to represent a non-paid member of the OC then I am not.

Steve B

Oh.. Lets just have a get together.. Lots of Z'ds in one place is a great idea.. Anyway, if people want to 'sell' any indiviual clubs more than another, what better way than to get everyone together so you can see what to buy into!

I just wanna day out in the car while being a big Z'D spotter!

Sorry but I am not really interested in going as a non-member of the OC when P15 actually contributed to threads on here months ago when I said it would be great to have a joint meet having people like Digsy's band play and Stephen G do a stand-up for both sides.

Too me it seems we have been marginalised out of the meet.

It was never meant to be a National meet for them, it was to compliment their National and be a way of building bridges. From what I read now it seems that these bridges are only getting built on one side.

So, if it becomes a joint meet and we can represent the 350z-uk club then I am up for it, if I am to represent a non-paid member of the OC then I am not.

Steve B

amen to that, exactly my views.

Always up for a meet. Hope there will also be good food :teeth:

1: Chesterfield

2: Sarnie (If it dont rain )

3: lomoto (even if it rains )

4: Digsy (I've got a brolly! )

5: TheMinel

6: AndyC

7: Jacko

8: Liam

9: M13KYF

10: Patto

11: Leebar

12. Kai

you list iss out of date Kai. Latest was this

1) Sarnie

2) sl114 + 1 Possibly

3) charlied

4) TheMinel

5) Digsy

6) Beavis

7) Chesterfield

8) Captint

9) lomoto

10) Liam

11)Oggy

12)Zzzz

13)Chris_B

14) AndyC

15) Stevie_350z

Also if you will see if you read the last couple of pages that it looks like this aint gonna happen now.