Headlight overlays...

jub

I'm thinking of making my front headlights darker by either getting some overlays or respraying them from the inside, most likely the first option as it's easier. Has anyone used overlays at all? Are there places in the UK where I could get them? Are there any downsides to them?

I'm thinking of making my front headlights darker by either getting some overlays or respraying them from the inside, most likely the first option as it's easier. Has anyone used overlays at all? Are there places in the UK where I could get them? Are there any downsides to them?

i can hardly see the road as it is.. why make them darker?? do you mean the background or the clear plastic?

i can hardly see the road as it is.. why make them darker?? do you mean the background or the clear plastic?

Like so...

I agree, the lights on my car are a bit poo. i was thiking about looking into some brighter HID bulbs to replace the standard ones.

i once tinted front lights with a film,total stupid thing to do.

How comes? Once they're on can you get them off?

It was probably more to do with the lights not being bright enough, the MOT implications and also the the safety and security of other road users and pedestrians....

Oh and if you happen to be in a accident at night and you insurance see that you have this mod you probably wont get paid out.. even if its the others fault!

Seen it done and with HID's and you cant see jack @*!#..

Good luck with that!

It was probably more to do with the lights not being bright enough, the MOT implications and also the the safety and security of other road users and pedestrians....

Oh and if you happen to be in a accident at night and you insurance see that you have this mod you probably wont get paid out.. even if its the others fault!

Good luck with that!

I agree with this. Silly and dangerous in my opinion. It also looks crap but tha's another thing altogether!

Good luck with that!

I agree with this. Silly and dangerous in my opinion. It also looks crap but tha's another thing altogether!

Yeah I see where you guys are coming from but from the pics you can see that only the edges are smoked, the middle is where most light is emitted right?

Good luck with that!

Yeah I see where you guys are coming from but from the pics you can see that only the edges are smoked, the middle is where most light is emitted right?

First pic are painted internally like mine

DSC05178.jpg

2nd pic has full smoked lenses which are the dangerous versions.