G37S @ Infinity Reading

Chris`I

Ok, so you guessed it guys, I was in Reading yesterday and couldnt help myself stopping at the new Infinity dealership to check out their range of cars, mainly the G37 for Stan ;)

Arriving at the dealership, very impressed with the premesis. This isnt your usual Nissan in a new suit, its very well presented. You arrive at a reception where we were greeted very nicely, which wasnt bad given we'd gone in Amanda's Ibiza and just in jeans and T's. The showroom is very nicely laid out and gives a real impression of luxury and class - they've done their homework about their market.

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

Instantly we were greeted by a very nice Irish chap. We were very honest and said we were there to check the car out for a friend, but were very interested in it ourselves. He was very keen and showed us around the cars, explaining that they'd only been open 2 months and had really good business so far. He showed us around a G37S coupe first as thats the closest to a 350z/370z.

G37S Coupe

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

I was very impressed by it. Great step up from the 350z interior, and smaller one up from 370z interior. It was seemingly quite big when standing next to it, more of a R35 presence than a 370z. This one is the S which is the sport model, having better seats, 4 wheel steering etc. Seats are lovely and spacious, and pretty supporting. All fully adjustable via electronic control. You can acutally fit people in the rear if the driver and front passenger arent 6ft tall. ISOfix in the rear, so that will keep Lucy happy ;) Rear seats like the front are like armchairs, very comfortable and plenty of space. Boot was a little dissapointing, not a massive amount bigger than the 350z/370z. Maybe 50% deeper, but about the same floorplan of it. Two things that impressed my geeky side were the eletronic seat to allow rear passengers in, hit the button and it moves forward for them B) And the reversing sensor with backup cam, made parking very easy as view out the rear isnt the greatest. Not the worst in the world, similar to a Z.

As I didnt have my paper counterpart for my license I couldnt take the car for a proper drive, and being a match day, there was quite a lot of traffic. I have been offered to go back again and have a proper drive, in fact they insisted on it :thumbs: So off out into Reading traffic and the car is very smooth in full auto. This is one of the first performance autos that I've driven so a very odd feeling. As I say in full auto, very smooth. In full auto you can also change the gears via the paddles. If you stop doing so and it thinks you should change, it will change for you, both up and down. Change was nice from what I've seen of autos, but no F1 speed change obviously. The delay in changes is still what puts me off autos. In manual mode, gear changes were sharpened up noticeably, and it will hold onto gears allowing you to crash into the limiter if you try ;) Changes were a little harsh in this mode if just pootling through town, but were spot on when making progress. I was much impressed with the changes when at full chat. Overall very impressed, it seemed to handle well on the road, but cant comment full until I go back for a proper drive round some twisties.

Took a few quick snaps of the others on offer too

G37 drop top:

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

G37 4 door:

IMG_0046.jpg

So overall a very good impression from Infiniti. Nissan should take note! The service was impecable and dealership very keen to tell us about the cars. Currently looking at organising a meet there, as they are keen to show Nissan Z owners what they have to offer in terms of the step up in luxury with the trade off of a bit of all out performance. I can see a lot of Z drivers that dont want an all out sports car really liking the G series cars. Will see what they come up with. Am likely to send a link to this thread to the chap in the dealership as he was very keen to see what people think.

Hi chris

stan has put himself on a self imposed forum fast for a week cos he wants to get the nursery done :lol: but im sure he'll have a look at this with interest when he's back on :thumbs:

Cool cool, just tell him Amanda approves of the drop top, that should be enough for him for now :thumbs::lol:

Saw these at Top Gear live today. G37S looks good, boot is a bit bigger than a 350 but I thought access was a little restricted. The metallic blue looks great, much nicer than the 370. Will post pics later.

Spoke to Donal about the report and good impression the dealership gave. He said he'd bring one along to a meet if we wanted, so the souther organizer should contact him if we're interested.

I've got an invitation to take a test drive so will try to coordinate with Chris for timing.

Wow nice one Chris - I'm really touched - that was really kind of you two to go out there and have a peep for me :thumbs:

Nice little review indeed - I really do like the coupe and the convertible looks da dogs (agree think they should lose the wood - but its probably a model option anyway)

A lot of 350/370 similarities inside but looks far nicer that the 370 (for me anyway).

I can just see baby Zee in the back of one of those! Now all I need to do is save a fortune and were off! Where was that lottery winner again! :teeth:

Would be great to have a meet at that place seems a natural thing for the club. Reading is a bit of a way from Manchester though - but given the chance I would probably make a weekend of it and pop over.

Important question Chris - do they serve nice cakes! :lol:;)

(BTW my week forum fast only lasted 3 days so far - will have to go back to work though!) :blush:

Certainly would suit you well Stan with the need to lug a little one and associated kit about in style ;)

Will be arranging a meet there at some point, but just started a new contract at work, so will be very busy for the next week or so :headhurt: