Carbon Fibre/Leather seats, ebay, from £500 no rsv

yeti

Hi eveyone

I'm having a clear out so i've put these seats on ebay, if you know anyone who might be interested let them know, the auction finishes tomorrow night.

Bidding starts at £500, no reserve, these have to go

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200498618677

Cheers

Andy

Perfect for all you Carbon Fibre Nutters out there, 2 Black Leather Carbon Fibre Bucket Seats made by Border who supply quite a few of the jgtc teams with their race seats B)

DSC01236.jpg

DSC01237.jpg

DSC01242.jpg

They are a direct replica of the Recaro SPG race seat, but Recaro never did theirs in carbon fibre! It has 5 holes for 5 or 6 point harnesses (the 5th hole is between the removable thigh and arse cushion)

DSC01251.jpg

DSC01252.jpg

DSC00588.jpg

DSC00589.jpg

The lower back, bum and thigh bolsters are velcro'd on to allow easy cleaning.

DSC01240.jpg

Also worth mentioning if your waist is above 36" you might not fit as these are very snug seats, they only weigh a few kilo's if that so a great way to reduce the z's hefty weight

I bought them for my Corrado R32 4wd Project but thats when i was building a show car, the corrado's build has turned into a track car prep now and these seats are too nice for that! So apart from sitting in one of the seats to play on the playstation when they were in the house (sad maybe but fun :D ) they are barely used.

So there you have it 2 almost unused leather buckets, the carbon on the base has a few small marks from fitting but you have to really look for them, and there is a small nick to the leather on the edge of the thigh bolster on one seat.

DSC01241.jpg

the buddy club drivers side seat rail is included in the sale as was brand new before i trial fitted it

DSC01248.jpg

DSC01250.jpg

They are v easy to fit, took less than an hour to do one and i was being v carefull, just undo the 4 bolts that retain your z seat, remove your battery terminals. Unplug the harnesses under the seats and it'll look like this

DSC01245.jpg

then remove the buckle from your seat, fit to the new seat runner, lower the seat into position, connect the buckle sensor to the harness again and fit a 2.2 ohm resistor to the aribag connector. Bolt the rails to the floor, set the height of your seat and tighten up the bolts on the seat side brackets and your sorted

DSC01243.jpg

If you want to see any more pics please just ask and i can email them to you

cheers

Andy[/b]

I would take these if only my ass would fit into them! lol :lol: I need the XL spg seats! lol..

can provide a bullsh1t weight watchers calorie counter book if that helps ;)

Unfortuantely the seats wont be right for everyone but tbh if a bit shorter than me and of slim to average build the fit'd be great, the lad opposite me who races in his spare time has problems getting a seat narrow enough, so i'm sure these'l be perfect for someone!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
sorry to go :offtopic:

But how come you couldn't fit in with these seats,

Surely they couldn't of been higher than the standard leather?

thats what i though, but due to the buckle strap fixing bolt being slightly too long just after it goes through the welded nut and so clashes with the side of the carbon bucket which meant i couldnt get them to sit at the lowest point on the side mounts, only the middle.

i think i'll probably have a go in the spring time when it gets a little warmer as no one wants them and see if i can either shorten the bolt or modify the side mounts slightly. tbh i was that fecked off when they didnt fit that i wanted to thow them in the bin so i didnt try anything else.

I have a set of these at home si i think i'll do some tweaking and i should be able to fit them once i get the chance

• 1 month later...

Might be interested in these.. what do you reckon a passenger side rail is gonna cost me??.. and do you have resistors for airbag??.. im also thinking about getting heating elements put into the seat and back pad so i can still have them heated in the winter.. is the padding reasonably thick?.. i do have a very good trimmer in my area... really nice seats and right at the mo i can afford pole positions and these look a very good alternative.. :D

the buddy club rail isnt cheap, but its a very nice bit of kit. I see alot of seats and raisl in my job (i design interior trim for cars) and i was impressed with just how compact it is. I got mine from a chap on here that had never used his so i dont know the new price, have a look around for buddy club super low seat rail

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...