My wife bought a cushion

martinmac

Purple!! And all variations thereof - eggplant, aubergine, mulberry, etc! Very 'now'. Loving it. Perfect splash of colour to go with cream.

Apologies now to all the men reading this going 'wtf' :lol:

really though, thats your accent colour in the room, you cant just have some cushions with it in, maybe if you carried it in a picture too, maybe some painted squares on the walls or simple coloured canvases. while your at it i suppose you could also have a lampshade, purples quite dark though, dont want to go too far, may look a bit dungeony

........ Have you been drinking??? Or do the girly tendencies come out late evening? ;)

(and hey, perhaps Nic would like the dungeon-y look :lol: )

Shhhhhh ;)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sofas are just regular leather sofas... I just happen to, uh, like cushions!! Can't decide which ones to use so my theory is that I should just use them all! Six on a three-seater and four on a two-seater....

I have, however, yet to insist on new sofas to match the cushions. Some reassurance for you Martin :teeth:

Can anyone beat 12 on a 3 seater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll post a pic to prove it!!!

aaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

P1010498.jpg

sorry for the delay = had to avoid 'why are you taking a photo of the sofa?'!!

I feel your pain Martin, before my Mrs moved in, my batchelor pad rocked......they say a picture is worth a thousand words.....

Photo-0084.jpg

IMAGE_004.jpg

There are now cushions everywhere.....and curtain tie backs.....I think I need to shorten her chain :blush::lol:

Those curtains are dreadful...

To those guys that are married this will be all to familiar but let it serve as a warning to those are still single. :surrender:

The warning signs are as the thread title. Your wife buys a cushion. If you get the chance at this stage say you hate it. Its worth a try but is unlikely to work. On returning home the cushion is placed on the bed. Your wife then stands back and frowns.

You are now doomed. Being a male we have a limited range of colours none of which are the names of flowers or plants. Women not only have a vast range of colours but also associated shades.

Anyway, the cushion doesnt match something. Next its off to the shops for a new throw to match the cushion. Note, for some reason this cannot be done at the same time as buying the cushion. :wacko:

You are now really in trouble and a fake injury may be needed. The cushion and the throw look great but..... they dont match the curtains :bangin:

Another separate shopping trip is now required to buy the new curtains :shrug:

A week later the cushions are on the new throws ( note this is plural because more bloody cushion were sneaked in with the masses of shopping on many trips). :doh: The new lights have been put up in all rooms. ( the old ones didnt show the new features off). The lights also show off the new bloody paint in the rooms. I am sick and tired of bloody DIY.

I am also skint. :headhurt:

Just off to look at carpets now. :byebye:

What you lot fail to appreciate is the opportunity this gives you. Might I suggest..

A) for those of you who don't get 'enough', volunteer to carry her bags, encourage, then when you get her back home, she'll be so pleased with you...

B) if she goes out to buy nice stuff, off you go!! Boys toys too!! Beer fridge in the front room? Surround sound and flat screen in the bedroom? Say you are going to take over the loft and build a 10' by 15' Scalextric track then say that this will be the start of a weekly tournament??

You men have NO imagination

What you lot fail to appreciate is the opportunity this gives you. Might I suggest..

A) for those of you who don't get 'enough', volunteer to carry her bags, encourage, then when you get her back home, she'll be so pleased with you...

B) if she goes out to buy nice stuff, off you go!! Boys toys too!! Beer fridge in the front room? Surround sound and flat screen in the bedroom? Say you are going to take over the loft and build a 10' by 15' Scalextric track then say that this will be the start of a weekly tournament??

You men have NO imagination

It's all about compromise. I'm allowing her to have cushions, and in return I'm getting a gaming beanbag in the living room :#1:

http://images.play.com/covers/12090689x.jpg

Will match the leather sofa, and has a handy corner to. . .but in turn I have to agree to let the cat sleep on it :rant:

the cat haha. sit on it, thats stop it going there. i can imagine you having a silent war with the cat throwing evil looks at each other :lol:

You're not far off. He gets in between us when we're sleeping, and slowing pushes me out of bed. And I can't count the number of times I've been woken up by the missus pushing me, saying 'be careful, you're gonna roll on him.' He's got about 6 beds around the house, I only have one. Why does he have to steal mine! The missus has agreed that he can have a cat flap on the shed tho. He's a teenager now, time for him to be moving out into his own gaff - time for him to spread his wings. That's what I reckon anyway ;)

the cat haha. sit on it, thats stop it going there. i can imagine you having a silent war with the cat throwing evil looks at each other :lol:

You're not far off. He gets in between us when we're sleeping, and slowing pushes me out of bed. And I can't count the number of times I've been woken up by the missus pushing me, saying 'be careful, you're gonna roll on him.' He's got about 6 beds around the house, I only have one. Why does he have to steal mine! The missus has agreed that he can have a cat flap on the shed tho. He's a teenager now, time for him to be moving out into his own gaff - time for him to spread his wings. That's what I reckon anyway ;)

Just be lucky you have a bed and haven't had a fur ball present in your shoes. He knows you're on to him..

Just be lucky you have a bed and haven't had a fur ball present in your shoes. He knows you're on to him..

is this your cat? the ongoing bean bag war continues!

is this your cat? the ongoing bean bag war continues!

I like this one better!! More my style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muLIPWjks_M

Ninja cat rules :lol:

Her cat, or 'our' cat as she has now decided, is more into psycological warfare than just violence. Even I felt sorry for him tho when he heard the fireworks. He got a carpet rash on his belly he was skulking around so low. . .

Whilst we're on the 'off topic' of cat videos, I always loved this one

And just to get on topic, I may use a cushion on my beanbag chair for Bungle to sit on, save the leather ;)

My sofas are just regular leather sofas... I just happen to, uh, like cushions!! Can't decide which ones to use so my theory is that I should just use them all! Six on a three-seater and four on a two-seater....

I have, however, yet to insist on new sofas to match the cushions. Some reassurance for you Martin :teeth:

Can anyone beat 12 on a 3 seater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll post a pic to prove it!!!

aaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

P1010498.jpg

Where the hell do you sit????

And Ninja Cat is number 1!!!!

aaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

P1010498.jpg

:#1::#1::#1::#1:

aaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

P1010498.jpg

Exactly and thereby hangs a tale! I never sit on it now as I can never remember where all the cushions go after I've thrown them all on the floor in order to be comfortable - and as you will know they all have their own special position!!!!!!

Please someone beat 12!!!!!!!!!!!