LEATHER...STARTING TO CRACK

neo-ninja

Hi All,

So loving my car, but noticed when i was getting intoday that the drivers outside of the seat, is starting to crack a tad with the leather (i suspect where after 4 years of people getting in and out they have rubbed it). Its not bad by any means, but being a perfectionist, i was wondering if anyone has any advice, they can give? Should i treat the leather?

Let me know,

Many thanks

Neo

It's normal. Jap leather is very thin and the heated seats dry the leather out. Get some good quality leather cream like gliptone or Connolly hide food but ensure you clean it first with something like saddle soap (cheap option) or Autoglym leather cleaner?

Should last but need to treat it maybe every 6 months and will be fine.

Hope this helps

:thumbs:

what about AUTOGLYM LEATHER CARE CREAM & LEATHER CLEANER?

Yeah that's fine too but you pay a lot for the name the others can be found cheaper and also have a higher content of lanolin hence last longer. Autoglym is a little watered down for me But go for it :thumbs:

i use poor boys leather care.

really good stuff, use it once a month, keeps the leather supply and moist. been really happy with it. gives new car leather smell after using it as well.

Ditto - feeeeeeeeeeeeeed your skin :thumbs:

With all leather treatment you need to clean the leather first - usually a seperate cleaner - then dry it off properly and then apply small amounts of the Hide food.

Depending how bad the leather - the longer you leave it on the seat the better. Then wipe off - be careful some hide food is greasier than others so if your into wearing white pants for example - dont! For a week at least just to let it bed itself in!

If you have any other questions just send me a PM mate :thumbs:

is this it?

do i need to clean the leather before hand? or just rub this stuff in?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Poorboys-Leather- ... 19b6156e8f

with the poor boys i don't

i squirt on to the foam pad and just rub it in, i don't even wipe off after, just leave it as it is. but then i don't soak it in the stuff it goes on and works great.

Me too Alex, i just ebay'd some poor boys on Riches advice ;) cant wait to smell that leather again :thumbs:

:lol: always worry when people refer to it as my advice, :lol: all of what i post is just my opinion, and as some can vouch i don't always get it 100% right. :blush: but you'll be pretty safe with this stuff as it is really good. IMHO ;)

:lol::lol::lol: TBH it was the smell of leather that won it for me mate ;)

I have tried all sorts of fancy stuff in the past but a good cream like what you suggested "only by opinion of course" doesnt have to cost the same as a fully grown cow to be good, and adding that smell back must be sublime :D

You got to luv it :bleh: