Dipped Beam

jacr87

Basically when driving around on the backroads country roads (as I am a chuckter) I can hardly see for s## the lights are not bright enough in my opinion.

Has Anyone got any suggestions to purchase either upgraded bulbs or get a new kit can someone please confirm the connection type I believe they are H7 connetions??

I had a similar issue with my lights, so I asked my local dealer to adjust them right up to their maximum legal limit instead of somewhere in the middle. Made them a billion times better and now I don't even need to consider different lights. Worth a try before spending mega bucks?

I had a similar issue with my lights, so I asked my local dealer to adjust them right up to their maximum legal limit instead of somewhere in the middle. Made them a billion times better and now I don't even need to consider different lights. Worth a try before spending mega bucks?

What is adjustable, voltage ?

Sorry, I mean the height of the beam. As stock it'll be set fairly in the middle of the max range of adjustment to ensure it passes MOTs and whatnot, but you can still set it to the highest limit and it'll pass without blinding others. That's what I did any way, and haven't looked back.

how do you adjust the lights read it before put cant find the thread :thumbs:

Down the inside edge of the headlight there is a small hole, down the bottom is a small adjuster which you can adjust with a looong (about 1ft) posidrive screw driver. I cant remember which turn is which for up or down though. I think its clockwise to turn it up :blush: When I did mine, I put it on the drive with the other car and adjusted it so the cutoff is below their window, but on the back of the car quite high. With the beam, the hotspot is in the middle, so as they adjust the car low, the hotspot is far too low stock. Adjust it up and its all good :thumbs:

Should say the adjuster looks like a small toothed wheel with another bit with an X in it for the screwdriver head :thumbs:

EDIT: Sod it here you go!

headlight.png

marzman got some 8kw bulbs of ebay instead of the I think 2.5kw that come standard. They did look considerable brighter at the krispy kremes meet. Only thin is having to remove the bumper to change them :headhurt:

Can't you just access the headlight bulbs by removing the front half of the wheelarch liners?

marzman got some 8kw bulbs of ebay instead of the I think 2.5kw that come standard. They did look considerable brighter at the krispy kremes meet. Only thin is having to remove the bumper to change them :headhurt:

Can't you just access the headlight bulbs by removing the front half of the wheelarch liners?

not tried BM. Just quoteing what Marman said. I know you can the side lights by partly undoing the inner wheel arch

cheughter ?????????

He means 'teuchter' :lol:

especially for you sassenachs - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teuchter

and yes.........can completely agree on the lights having now driven around Fife in the dark :bang:

It's obvious that was written by a weegie..... ignorant northerner indeed......

As for the lights, they are poor. I changed the bulb and it made the problem worse! So went back to stock. I might try again but running about rural Aberdeenshire isn't the best!