Tonight's tea

zedwagon

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fave pasta lucy which is for two people........

1 big chicken breast

pancetta or smoked bacon bits

1 small onion

garlic

a few mushrooms if you like them

tin of chopped tomatoes

small tub of single cream or creme fraiche (i use half fat)

Penne pasta or whatever you like

chop up onion, garlic, mushrooms and chicken quite small. Bung it all in a big frying pan pre-heated wtih a little olive oil (with the bacon) and cook it more or less through. When your chicken is more or less cooked add the tomatoes and simmer with a lid on for about 15 mins. Chuck your cream in (not all if its too runny) near the end of the cooking, cook pasta. Hey presto. Yum Yum.

TBH you can chop and change the ingredients on this and its so quick.

I make something similar, forget the tomatoes and add lots of mushrooms. then I use a tin of condensed mushroom soup for the sauce and dilute as needed with a little white wine - now the bottles open I guess I'll have to drink it ;)

I 'll let her tell you

thanks dear! long list - cos ive suddenly become allergic to absolutely everything!

nuts of any kind (inc pine nuts in pesto unfortunately cos that one sounds good!)

uncooked, inc cured only, meat

uncooked fish

uncooked egg

shellfish

anything even midly spicy, so no chilli, curries

goats cheese/blue cheese

any alcohol whatsoever

caffeine

cordial drinks

some fruit - strawberries, kiwi, pineapple

suer there's more but can't remeber tham at the mo!

I 'll let her tell you

thanks dear! long list - cos ive suddenly become allergic to absolutely everything!

nuts of any kind (inc pine nuts in pesto unfortunately cos that one sounds good!)

uncooked, inc cured only, meat

uncooked fish

uncooked egg

shellfish

anything even midly spicy, so no chilli, curries

goats cheese/blue cheese

any alcohol whatsoever

caffeine

cordial drinks

some fruit - strawberries, kiwi, pineapple

suer there's more but can't remeber tham at the mo!

Do you see why its so hard for me to think about what I can cook at home even my staple Polish dishes are limited :surrender:

Beef Cannelloni with some jockeys whips and stuffed Jalepenos , what can i say im on my own tonight oh and a couple of Large Heineken's :teeth:

Gadzukes man you drink Heinees - thats paint stripper in a tin! :lol:

Not sure stuff Jalepenos are compatible with a pregnant woman though at the moment :headhurt:

I'll not be leaving the office for over 2 hours! Been in 10.5 hours already.....

I'm hoping tea is on the table when I get in. I always get told it'll be in the cat! :cry:

Stew if you pop down here you can have tea with us Desperados on tap also :thumbs:

although not sure what we are having yet?

fillet steak medium with proper home made chips and salad..........YUMMY - not had that in ages, in fact i hardly eat red meat nowadays.

just finished my food and I had baked haddock with roasted courgette, sweet potato, red onion, tomatoes and peppers. Was yummy.

just finished my food and I had baked haddock with roasted courgette, sweet potato, red onion, tomatoes and peppers. Was yummy.

I bet it was yummy, very healthy! Brain food, too.

Jamie Oliver thould try a dith like thith, it may even help him theer a couple of poundth from that mammoth tongue of hith?

I bet it was yummy, very healthy! Brain food, too.

Jamie Oliver thould try a dith like thith, it may even help him theer a couple of poundth from that mammoth tongue of hith?

Verily forsooth you speak with fork tongue ! :lol: