Goodbye V6….Hello V8….sold the Z

Kev946

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuk...It's already so wide it only just goes in the garage. And I mean only...:lol:

mod the garage then Kev :yahoo:

I was originally thinking it wouldn't go in. It's so close like an inch wider than the wing mirrors.. :wacko:

You do know they fold in electrically, don't you ;)

Yuk...It's already so wide it only just goes in the garage. And I mean only...:lol:

mod the garage then Kev :yahoo:

I was originally thinking it wouldn't go in. It's so close like an inch wider than the wing mirrors.. :wacko:

You do know they fold in electrically, don't you ;)

Mine do but thats an optional extra on the BMW. I prefer to reverse in with them open and use as a gauge. Saves scraping the side of the car.. :wacko:

Hi Kev,

Nice to meet up last night, was great to be treated to an overview of your cars - that Cosworth looks absolutely fantastic - the effort and expense you have gone to with that car beggars belief!

And the BMW - well - what can be said? That is one very, very nice car. A glance under that engine bay was like peering into the engineering section of the Startship Enterpise! And the toys you have to play with! I'd be inthe garage for a week!

Thanks for the Circle Earth kit, Im planning on fitting it tomorrow - though Im guessing due to all your hard work first time around, It will be a substantially quicker installation than when you fitted it.

Cant wait to see it completed and in place!

Cheers,

Chris.

Hi Kev,

Nice to meet up last night, was great to be treated to an overview of your cars - that Cosworth looks absolutely fantastic - the effort and expense you have gone to with that car beggars belief!

And the BMW - well - what can be said? That is one very, very nice car. A glance under that engine bay was like peering into the engineering section of the Startship Enterpise! And the toys you have to play with! I'd be inthe garage for a week!

Thanks for the Circle Earth kit, Im planning on fitting it tomorrow - though Im guessing due to all your hard work first time around, It will be a substantially quicker installation than when you fitted it.

Cant wait to see it completed and in place!

Cheers,

Chris.

Cheers Chris. Loveley to meet you and Tracy again. Sorry you didn't have time to stay longer and have maybe a beer/wine or 2. The missus said what on earth were you talking about for so long. I explained it wasn't all cars, e.g. Las Vegas...:lol:

If you get any problems fitting just giv me a call on the mobile. I also have some pictures with the engine cover removed I can email you.

Cheers

K

A mate of mine has just got a spanking new black M6, jesus christ, does that thing shift. One of the quickest cars I've been in. Lovely thing.

Jon,

At 499 bhp and 384 lb/ft for the M6, your shiny new re-built twin will pi$$ on that - yes ?

And just think, you won't have spent £82K ( yet ! )

Gus

A mate of mine has just got a spanking new black M6, jesus christ, does that thing shift. One of the quickest cars I've been in. Lovely thing.

Jon,

At 499 bhp and 384 lb/ft for the M6, your shiny new re-built twin will pi$$ on that - yes ?

Gus

:yawn:

Kev - Ive got it fitted! Looks great, and I think the idle seems to be smoothed out a little.

I used the two bolts with allen key heads to attach to the un-used points at the top of the plenum (as per a "how to" guide I found).

I've taken some photos, and will post up later.

Thanks again,

Chris.

Guest prescience

Jon,

Gus

Quite; Off-Topic and I doubt it

Jon,

Gus

Quite; Off-Topic and I doubt it

:nono: Not any more off-topic than 90% of the other threads on here - Jon mentioned the speed of the M6, I followed up on that, relating it to Jon's car - how exactly is that off topic ?

Guest prescience

Well just on 4 counts I suppose

- the thread is not about an M6, its about Kev's new car

- neither is it about Jon's rebuild, that is a most interesting subject its own right and will have its own thread(s)

- and I don't think its was about relative performance of 350zs vs BMWs, let alone M6s

- and money hadn't been raised until the 82k was mentioned

:)

Dorian, you're joking right :scare:

Firstly, this thread is not in "Other Cars", it is in "350Z General" so if you want it to be only about Kev's new BMW get it moved to the appropriate section. As it is in the 350Z section, I feel it is entirely appropriate to talk about a 350Z.

Secondly, you're saying that everytime somebody talks about something that wasn't mentioned by the original poster, then it is off topic :blink:

This is a forum where people discuss things, discussion means you introduce new ideas/suggestions/observations, relevant ( I agree not off topic ) to what is being discussed.

Anyway, given your criteria, then in this post alone, why have you chosen to single out my remark ( which as I said was on-topic with the previous remark ) when the following have also been made :-

Digsy and D4V3 GT4 - both mentioned test drives in Z4M Coupes

Kev himself mentioned selling Zed bits

Chesterfield talked about fitting a Grounding Kit to a Zed

Baptist talked about how fast a M6 was

A zillion more examples on this site, if you really want some more let me know :dry:

Gus

The new Razorlight CD is pretty good, lads! :bose::bose::bose:

how the **** does that relate to your zed????

Aaaaarrh you played it in there ;)

:teeth:

Guest prescience
Dorian, you're joking right :scare:

Firstly, this thread is not in "Other Cars", it is in "350Z General" so if you want it to be only about Kev's new BMW get it moved to the appropriate section. As it is in the 350Z section, I feel it is entirely appropriate to talk about a 350Z.

Secondly, you're saying that everytime somebody talks about something that wasn't mentioned by the original poster, then it is off topic :blink:

This is a forum where people discuss things, discussion means you introduce new ideas/suggestions/observations, relevant ( I agree not off topic ) to what is being discussed.

Anyway, given your criteria, then in this post alone, why have you chosen to single out my remark ( which as I said was on-topic with the previous remark ) when the following have also been made :-

Digsy and D4V3 GT4 - both mentioned test drives in Z4M Coupes

Kev himself mentioned selling Zed bits

Chesterfield talked about fitting a Grounding Kit to a Zed

Baptist talked about how fast a M6 was

A zillion more examples on this site, if you really want some more let me know :dry:

Gus

Sorry, just got back, tongue very firmly stuck in cheek; couldn't be on-line to get your expected reply last night :lol:;):yahoo:

Besides, there was definitely a post the other Thursday that stayed on track (or it might have been locked)

• 2 weeks later...

At the end of the day its a BMW. My dad always got them and when I was younger I dont ever remember breaking down or having problem, and were talkin glike most of my childhood! They are great cars. End of.

Might been diferent also if you got like a scooby.

So cliche! Haha :boxing: