Goodbye V6….Hello V8….sold the Z

Kev946

Well guys I’m sorry to see her go so soon but I said my good byes to my GT4 today. I never thought I would sell so soon, but I was getting bored and wanted a 2+2. (Dog, daughter etc. was meaning that the Zed had only covered less than 5k miles).

I got a cracking trade in allowance and now have loads of stuff to sell as well, (watch this space for wheels & Tyres, Spoiler, Suspension etc. all having covered very low mileage).

I collect my new beastie on Saturday if all goes to plan. Paintshield have done their magic today at the dealers. Thanks Tom, Ann and Joe.

Please don’t shoot me down in flames when I tell you what it is, yes the lure another BMW won me over in the end.

It’s a BMW Ci 650i sport with 12 miles on the clock, well actually 21 now as I’ve been for a spin in it. A fabulous car, (well I think so), and of course a lovely 4.8 litre V8 engine, (what a soundtrack). I now need to go on a BMW training course to work our how all the toys and Sat Nav works.

I will of course be hanging around these forums and will be trying to get invited to a few meets, (if you’ll have me).

Here’s a picture I took at the dealers.

650i004.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth I think it's a great choice and can't wait to see some pics and your initial views after a few miles. :thumbs:

One of the few genuinely original designs knocking around at the moment IMHO. Bangle doesn't always get it right (step forward 1-series, X3 etc) but at least there is a desire to look forward - all these retro designs are beginning to get on my tits... :dry:

After another grim liaison with my stealer this morning I'm doubting very much whether my next car with be a Nissan (had been very tempted by a Roadster) and a Z4M is looking like it could be the one.

Good luck, Kev, hope you enjoy it and we continue to see you here and at the meets. :D

For what it's worth I think it's a great choice and can't wait to see some pics and your initial views after a few miles. :thumbs:

One of the few genuinely original designs knocking around at the moment IMHO. Bangle doesn't always get it right (step forward 1-series, X3 etc) but at least there is a desire to look forward - all these retro designs are beginning to get on my tits... :dry:

After another grim liaison with my stealer this morning I'm doubting very much whether my next car with be a Nissan (had been very tempted by a Roadster) and a Z4M is looking like it could be the one.

Good luck, Kev, hope you enjoy it and we continue to see you here and at the meets. :D

Thanks Mate. I'll be around.

I just got back from collecting it. All I can say is.... :wub:

Will try and get some pictures up soon.

PS: Z4M coupe is a fantastic car IMHO. There should be some good deals going as they hit the market and become more available.

Good choice kev that looks amazing. Whats the power delivery like compared to the Z?

Everything is for sale including wheels and tires. I'll get some pictures up tomorrow.

If your selling your suspension setup can you pm me a price

Good choice kev that looks amazing. Whats the power delivery like compared to the Z?

Everything is for sale including wheels and tires. I'll get some pictures up tomorrow.

If your selling your suspension setup can you pm me a price

Thanks Mate.

Max torque is something like 3000rpm so it seems to pull at any revs and any gear. Feels much quicker than the Zed and what a soundtrack. Taking at steady at the moment even though there's no running in necessary.

I'll PM you on suspension

Nice one Kev. Would you like to have both. Although I suppose you still got the cossie to play with. Looks like there will be some interest in the for sale section in the near future.

Stay in touch even though your now a beemer owner. :teeth:

Ahhhhh that new car feeling. Well Kev, I know how you'll be feeling :D

I've since the 6 series in certain colours/specs and sometimes it works and they look nice, other times I not so sure. But glad you happy mate.....

For me personally, could never buy a BMW, just have way too much of an issue with the general fraternity that buy 'em. Obviously present company excluded.

Just please, don't sit on the motorway outside lane at 70 with two empty lanes, or bomb up behind someone flashing away ;):p

But hope you love it mate and keep posting.... :thumbs:

Shame to see you go, but nice car.

Anyway - can I ask how much for the bimma? Wife's after a new car, and her budget is waaaay higher than mine :lol:

B) another guy who understood how life works, get that chequebook (from the joint account) out Stephen! B):teeth:

Bloody Hell Kev, I didn't see that coming, of all the guys on the two sites I thought you'd be around a little longer mate!!

Top new motor though Kev, I'm not a BM fan but really do love the 6 series

I'm having a test drive next month of the Z4 M coupe, but in the mean time can you email me the details/price you want for your wheels!!!

DaveH

some nice lookin kit here for you Kev for the modding list

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default ... ryId=14580

Yuk...It's already so wide it only just goes in the garage. And I mean only...:lol:

Just read this review, which most of you on here won't care about but it made me smile.

The standard car is an unashamed GT vehicle, and a Sport model has been slipped into the line up to offer a more focused version. Think of it as 80 per cent of an M6 and youre not far off the mark.

An increase in engine capacity to 4,799cc sees power jump to 367bhp and torque to 361lb/ft. This latter figure is virtually on par with the M6 and gives some hint as to how muscular this car feels especially at higher speeds. It has that feeling of unflagging acceleration at legal speeds that only a really deep-chested engine can deliver.

"Press the throttle pedal and the 650is acceleration shows no sign of flagging until youre at custodial speeds"

With a car like this, a sprint to 60mph figure is largely academic, but the 650i manages to knock a couple of tenths off the 645Cis mark, registering a 5.2 second showing on the way to its 155mph electronically limited top speed. BMW insiders reckon that without the limiter, this is a car that will nudge the double ton a testament to the engines strength and the aerodynamicists toils

Now if there is any modding to come it would be a de-limit.. B)

Yuk...It's already so wide it only just goes in the garage. And I mean only...:lol:

mod the garage then Kev :yahoo:

I was originally thinking it wouldn't go in. It's so close like an inch wider than the wing mirrors.. :wacko: