Suitable family car for us you think?

stanski

Family car? Easy choice imo... :cloud9:

vauxhall-vxr8-bath.jpg

I know I do like them but the running costs.... So 300c is still my fave fall back. Menacing in your face easy drive cheap to buy bit different to a mundano !! :lol:

Winner!

Seriously Stan, a 300C??? are you kidding? You'll be having it chrome wrapped next! :p

To be honest, I think 300C is a great choice, especially if you still have 1 performance car in the family.

May not be a great performance car, but performance and handling will be the last thing on your mind when transporting your precious baby :dummy: around.

When our baby was born I drove so mildly I reckon I would have got flat cornering with zero body roll even if driving a Citroen 2CV :lol:

Even now she is 1yr old I do my utmost to stay in the slow lane, sometimes driving extra slow so journey takes longer and she sleeps longer in the back.

Actually, come to think of it HOW ABOUT A 2CV :teeth:

I bet that's thrown a spanner in the works now :lol:

Headphones we have a Suzuki Gv as the forth coming baby car but as I mentioned before it's the long distance work trek that's killing the zed i.e devaluing it very quickly. The performance cars are great but deep down I am still practical and need to think running costs?How much is a service for an M3 ? Insurance?

Tarmac yours is due week before ours you will have to let me know what to expect :lol:

One thing for sure no fleet specials if I can avoid them .... Ok I could be a hotel or airport taxi with the 300c ... Hey some extra cash to keep the zed B) Hey Andy chrome wrap no way man :lol:

For a family car with no space compromises it has to be an M5 Touring B)

Yes mate it's a top machine but a)it's an estate Lucy would kill me and b)it's just too corporate for me if you knew how many I see every day on the M56... :shrug:

that's the trouble with beemers everyone aspires to one me I prefer Datsuns and supersized yank tanks :blush:

My neighbour is taking delivery of a new 3 series soon he was keen to tell me .... :yawn:

Headphones we have a Suzuki Gv as the forth coming baby car but as I mentioned before it's the long distance work trek that's killing the zed i.e devaluing it very quickly. The performance cars are great but deep down I am still practical and need to think running costs?How much is a service for an M3 ? Insurance?

Tarmac yours is due week before ours you will have to let me know what to expect :lol:

One thing for sure no fleet specials if I can avoid them .... Ok I could be a hotel or airport taxi with the 300c ... Hey some extra cash to keep the zed B) Hey Andy chrome wrap no way man :lol:

Just had a week off preparing the nursery dude, im starting to get nervous.....

Cant wait though !!!!!

Missus wants an X5..... Nursery tractor :lol:

Just had a week off preparing the nursery dude, im starting to get nervous.....

Cant wait though !!!!!

Missus wants an X5..... Nursery tractor :lol:

snap me too moving stuff out of room and getting ready for

painting .. Got our pram last weekend .... Looking forward to baby Zee

Get a Suzuki gv like us mate

best kept secret in bargain 4x4 motoring ;)

Hey, I know they are getting on a bit now, but you can pick up a decent spec Rover 75 for less than a grand. They are bullet proof and depending which model you buy, can be tuned no end. You will still have cash to spare for little one ;)

Hey, I know they are getting on a bit now, but you can pick up a decent spec Rover 75 for less than a grand. They are bullet proof and depending which model you buy, can be tuned no end. You will still have cash to spare for little one ;)

If Bmw hadn't peeshed off and left Rover on the poo the Rover 75 was supposed to be the best made car they ever made (well post P5 P6) etc

For a family car with no space compromises it has to be an M5 Touring B)

Yes mate it's a top machine but a)it's an estate Lucy would kill me and b)it's just too corporate for me if you knew how many I see every day on the M56... :shrug:

that's the trouble with beemers everyone aspires to one me I prefer Datsuns and supersized yank tanks :blush:

My neighbour is taking delivery of a new 3 series soon he was keen to tell me .... :yawn:

In that case blindfold yourself before you get in then don't look at any of the badges :lol: It's all about the driving. Sometimes things are popular for a reason, totally agree that the BMW can attract a 'certain' type of punter though.