6 Hours Detailing Sunset JDM - Out with the Nikon

captain

Any comments welcome.

I've tried a few styles, lenses and processing techniques. Locations are Charterhouse/Priddy area of the Mendips.

Hope it gets across how I feel about my Z. :yahoo:

If anybody considers them worthwhile and would like a similar series for their car, I'd love to get involved. Don't expect me to wash it first though. :scare:

_DSC2218.jpg

_DSC2221.jpg

_DSC2275.jpg

_DSC2222.jpg

_DSC2250.jpg

_DSC2267.jpg

_DSC2268.jpg

_DSC2303.jpg

_DSC2315.jpg

_DSC2309.jpg

_DSC2285-4_3_2_1.jpg

_DSC2288-4_3_2_1.jpg

Theres some nice photos in there matey,i like picture 4. Is there a bit of hdr sneaking in on the bottom photos too :thumbs:

More importantly, 6 hours :scare: christ,i washed mine & went over it with some red mist for the first time today.lol. Itl do for now,might finish it off after work tomorow.

Well done mate :#1:

Thanks Husky and Shaun. :thumbs:

Yep - Merge to HDR in CS3 - best tool ever invented. Not proper HDR as I didn't take my tripod so bodged from 1 shot and took 4 exposures in Adobe Camera RAW.

It's the first time I've ever washed a car properly and I'm 45. :headhurt:

Love the Z and taking it up on the hills yesterday with my D200 and a few lenses was a great day.

nice shots there mate

wish i was as talented with a camera as some of u guys on here

Thanks. I think someone said "it's all about the light". Just pick a nice day with some good light and you can't go wrong. Unfortunately I took most of these at noon so the sun is a bit too high for really good shots. Perhaps I'll have another go this weekend.

Beautiful photos and spottles car,

You can see how much work and care you spend on her and it's proved by the close up on pic 6

Top Job :thumbs:

Thanks Allessandro.

Couple more close-ups for you. (P.S. I'm not a miracle worker. Any blemishes on car from home to hills - 20 miles - removed in CS3)

_DSC2254.jpg

_DSC2256.jpg

_DSC2262.jpg

_DSC2264.jpg

_DSC2266.jpg

_DSC2273.jpg

_DSC2281.jpg

Wow fantastic pictures there matey and very nicely polished up motor B):thumbs:

However one teeeny weeny point - did you not put any tyre dressing on those boots! :lol::doh:

Tyre dressing :surrender:

I've only just discovered clay bar/cleaner/polish/wax. Spent £92 on "products" WTF is tyre dressing?!?!?!?

Wow fantastic pictures there matey and very nicely polished up motor B):thumbs:

However one teeeny weeny point - did you not put any tyre dressing on those boots! :lol::doh:

Tyre dressing :surrender:

I've only just discovered clay bar/cleaner/polish/wax. Spent £92 on "products" WTF is tyre dressing?!?!?!?

Go to ASDA spend £4.99 on a bottle of Turtle Wax Wet'n' Black tyre sheen (spray a bit on a sponge and wipe it on the tyres lasts for years) ;):D If you want to go one better - get some Blackfire Tyre Dressing :thumbs:

Hi Captain, it is important we keep the forum tidy so that when people search for related topics they find it. The thread is clearly detailing / media so this is where it lives best.

I understand you want as many people as possible to see it. I think you'll find people will go to unread posts and click on what interests them so you should attract the same people that would see the post anyway :thumbs:

And then when it gets popular, more and more will follow....... ;)

er........ :yawn:

I was having nice chats with 8 different people when this was in the forum I (and presumably THEY) wanted.

No-one seems to have seen this now in 8 hours whereas last night I had 5/6 responses betwenn 23:00 and 24:00.

Can I please have this moved back to General.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Perhaps I should have taken some pics before and after but anyway.

Basically the detailing involved printing the "how to detail your car" thread at the top of this forum, buying this lot below from Camskill.

1 of G1116EU-MEGUIARS[1] MEGUIARS Quik Clay Detailing System 473ml/85g bar Total Price £11.731

1 of A2116EU-MEGUIARS[1] MEGUIARS Deep Crystal Polish - Step 2 473ml Total Price £7.231

1 of A3016EU-MEGUIARS[1] MEGUIARS Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner - Step 1 473ml Total Price £7.231

1 of G7164EU-MEGUIARS[1] MEGUIARS Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo (large) Total Price £13.591

1 of A7301-MEGUIARS[1] MEGUIARS Luxurious Lambs Wool Wash Mitt Total Price £8.991

1 of X2020-MEGUIARS[1] MEGUIARS Supreme Shine Microfire (3 pack) Total Price £13.591

1 of X2000-MEGUIARS[1] MEGUIARS Water Magnet Drying Towel Total Price £10.851

1 of G12718EU-MEGUIARS[1] MEGUIARS NXT Tech Wax (OFFER) 532ml Total Price £10.00

Carriage .............................. £7.99 Order Total .......................... £91.20 :lol::lol::lol::lol:

and then following the instructions line by line. SWMBO considered this whole process lunacy but then she was watching Chelsea lose at the time so her mood was, ahem "altered" :rant:

This took from 12:30 on Saturday until it was getting dark. Left the wax on for an hour whilst laughing at Ancelotti and then gave it a final buff. Also used AutoGlym Window Polish, Autoglym polishing cloths and Halfords allow cleaner. Then prayed it didn't rain................

For those who are interested, the camera is a Nikon D200 and the lenses are Nikon 50mm 1.8, Nikon Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 and Nikon 18-70mm 3.5-4.5. All bought on e-bay for about £850.