It's here.....

Stew

I just went out to my car and the windscreen was frosted solid!

Now bring on the snow so I can get use of my 4wd system! :thumbs:

Take cover southerners, the snow won't be far away and if a flake falls London will close!

snow_feb_2007_01_431x470.jpg

Normally I'm the first one out when it's snows but it will be my first time with a performance car + rwd :drive1 so for this winter I'll try to be good :drive1 .

But, can someone explain me why every time it snows everything shuts and the country comes to a stop?

( + side, you get days off work)

Normally I'm the first one out when it's snows but it will be my first time with a performance car + rwd :drive1 so for this winter I'll try to be good :drive1 .

But, can someone explain me why every time it snows everything shuts and the country comes to a stop?

bring on the snow :teeth:

Everything in the SOUTH shuts.

North Scotland carries on as normal. If it snows before bed you just set the alarm earlier so you can leave longer for your journey and you prepare for the idiots.... Nothing changes here. All the busses run, generally the schools stay open and people still got on with life.

Then we sit and shout and swear at the TV when the news headlines are that 3 flakes of snow fell in Hyde Park so the underground system and all buses were taken offline and the city couldn't trade etc etc.

Bring on the SNOW! I'm going four wheel drifting in my gaylander! It's ace in the snow!

I just went out to my car and the windscreen was frosted solid!

Now bring on the snow so I can get use of my 4wd system! :thumbs:

Take cover southerners, the snow won't be far away and if a flake falls London will close!

I had a properly frozen windscreen two mornings this week, and im 'darn sarf' compared to you stew! I dont mind the zed in the snow - i get to practice my drifting. :D

Everything in the SOUTH shuts.

North Scotland carries on as normal. If it snows before bed you just set the alarm earlier so you can leave longer for your journey and you prepare for the idiots.... Nothing changes here. All the busses run, generally the schools stay open and people still got on with life.

Then we sit and shout and swear at the TV when the news headlines are that 3 flakes of snow fell in Hyde Park so the underground system and all buses were taken offline and the city couldn't trade etc etc.

Where I'm from (originally) we have at least 50 cm of snow for at least 3 month, the first time my parents heard that London was closed down they rung me all worried :lol:

ugh tell me about it. can you imagine how angry i was when i got to work with all the snow being used to scotland and it was shut!! we design the best f@@king 4x4's in the world. wtf!! :rant:

i came in in a shirt, no coat most days of winter and people couldnt believe it. i tried to explain it isnt actually cold :bangin:

I lived in Siberia for 18 months and the Arctic circle for 6 months.

I can cope with it!

Oh Husky, my no frills '98 freelander peed all over my dads '06 Range Rover Vogue in the snow! It was an epic battle but all his screen displayed 4x4 characteristics and venture cams couldn't outpace my gaylander! He did however have his heated steering wheel on though so he had won the warm hands fight! :lol::lol:

This year we'll have to have a rematch!

I can cope with it!

Oh Husky, my no frills '98 freelander peed all over my dads '06 Range Rover Vogue in the snow! It was an epic battle but all his screen displayed 4x4 characteristics and venture cams couldn't outpace my gaylander! He did however have his heated steering wheel on though so he had won the warm hands fight! :lol::lol:

the fact he bought the venture cam is the amazing bit :lol: apparently it does sell well, why i will never know :blink:

you need one of our new babies :teeth: gaylander get trounced ;)

i bet you he had summer tyres on though :lol:

I can cope with it!

the fact he bought the venture cam is the amazing bit :lol: apparently it does sell well, why i will never know :blink:

you need one of our new babies :teeth: gaylander get trounced ;)

i bet you he had summer tyres on though :lol:

The venture cam is the stupidest thing in the world. Also the coolest though! :lol:

We both had normal road tyres on! Just mine are 195s! ;)

Yes winter is officially here............ its such a shame that i am off to oz for 4 months on tuesday and will miss it :lol::blush:

It's warm down this end of the world, you won't enjoy it at all. :lol::lol::p:p Oh, and they've got massive scrub fires atm in Queensland. :scare:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

One of the guys that was on secondment over here, and is now back over in the land of freezing, oops I meant the UK, honest. :lol: Would rock up to middle of winter meets/club nights freezing, or damned near it, no heating in the meeting rooms, nor insulation. We'd all be in multipule jackets, and he's been in a short sleeved cotton shirt. You're all mad. :lol:

Its certainly getting colder in the midlands, although think snow is still some way off.

I'm just praying its not as bad as last year cause I struggled enough getting to work in a Fiesta ST let alone a Z. Not to mention that I live in a dip so every road out is either extremely steap or has high speed bumps on it.

I'm thinking plenty of days working from home. :yahoo:

It's started getting awfully hard to get out of bed in the mornings :cold: Glad the Zed has heated seats to get over the chill, and it heats up quickly.

The Z the first car i've had with heated seats and gotta say they are amazing, although I'm deffo gonna miss the auto clear windscreen the ST had, one press of a button and 1 minute later your screen is ice clear..... I've actually had to get a ice scraper.

The Polish system I was upgrading last week my contact over there says the country was covered in snow - no warning but they carry on no panic or drama like here. !!!

dreading the snow, last time i couldn't get off the estate, zed is pants in the snow... Thank goodness for my van :teeth:

Theres your reason :thumbs::lol::lol:

:cold: