slip light

mav1

What tyres have you got on the front pal? You need to keep the rolling radius' the same as stock. This slip light issue has been discussed a lot, and occurs when you change the rolling radius of the tyres front vs back. Im guessing you're gonna say that the profile on the fronts is 40? If so, i think thats your problem.

Other possibility, how long have you had the car? Could this be your first time experiencing winter, wet/greasy roads?

What tyres have you got on the front pal? You need to keep the rolling radius' the same as stock. This slip light issue has been discussed a lot, and occurs when you change the rolling radius of the tyres front vs back. Im guessing you're gonna say that the profile on the fronts is 40? If so, i think thats your problem.

Other possibility, how long have you had the car? Could this be your first time experiencing winter, wet/greasy roads?

yes they are 40s you think this is the problem

...just a question, and ignore me if im wrong... but you didnt by any chance get your wheels from DP Motorsport did you? They recommended those tyre sizes to me when i was buying, but i knew they were wrong and forced them to give me 35 profile all round (which they really didnt want to do for some reason).

Anyway, back to your problem... i've read of people running your tyre sizes and not having a problem with the slip, but then have read of others, like yourself, who it is a problem for, so i cant help other than that. See other discussion on this here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18250&hilit=radius+slip&start=15

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=7437&hilit=radius+slip

Discussion is about different wheel sizes to yours, but you should be running 245/35/19 and 275/35/19 :thumbs:

...just a question, and ignore me if im wrong... but you didnt by any chance get your wheels from DP Motorsport did you? They recommended those tyre sizes to me when i was buying, but i knew they were wrong and forced them to give me 35 profile all round (which they really didnt want to do for some reason).

Anyway, back to your problem... i've read of people running your tyre sizes and not having a problem with the slip, but then have read of others, like yourself, who it is a problem for, so i cant help other than that. See other discussion on this here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18250&hilit=radius+slip&start=15

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=7437&hilit=radius+slip

Discussion is about different wheel sizes to yours, but you should be running 245/35/19 and 275/35/19 :thumbs:

no i didnt get them from dp motorsport thanks for your answers i will investigate.

Can you post the exact tyre sizes front and rear to be clear? It sounds like a very common problem of people not knowing the rolling radius of the Zed tyres is staggered front to back (not to be confused with the width - we are talking radius here). They they go out more than a couple of percent then the car thinks the rear wheels are spinning quicker than the fronts when they are not and TC will kick in. Easily solvable with new tyres. Were the tyres advertised as correct for the Zed? Note - tyres - not wheels. We have had a problem before when wheels were advertised as "fitting" a Zed and they refused to replace tyres as that wasnt advertised as for the Zed, just they fit the wheels and the wheels fit the Zed. Hope that makes sense :headhurt:

Can you post the exact tyre sizes front and rear to be clear? It sounds like a very common problem of people not knowing the rolling radius of the Zed tyres is staggered front to back (not to be confused with the width - we are talking radius here). They they go out more than a couple of percent then the car thinks the rear wheels are spinning quicker than the fronts when they are not and TC will kick in. Easily solvable with new tyres. Were the tyres advertised as correct for the Zed? Note - tyres - not wheels. We have had a problem before when wheels were advertised as "fitting" a Zed and they refused to replace tyres as that wasnt advertised as for the Zed, just they fit the wheels and the wheels fit the Zed. Hope that makes sense :headhurt:

hi chris my size on the back are 275/35/19 and front 245/40/19 is this wrong.

Very quick calculations from http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

+2.7% - Rays (26" vs 26.7")

+3.3% - My 18" Rotas (24.8" vs 25.6")

-0.5% - Your new ones (26.7" vs 26.6")

See the problem? The front to back stagger should be about 2.5-3.5% from what I've seen (somewhere around there) with the rear tyre being bigger than the front. With your -0.5% difference, your front tyre is bigger than the rear, the rear thinks its spinning quicker than it really is in relation to the front, and thus the TC kicks in as it thinks the tyres are sliiping - measurement of slip of course being that the rear wheel is spinning quicker than the front. You dont have to keep it the same RR as stock, as my example shows, my Rotas are actually smaller RR, but keep the size stagger, so TC doesnt get upset.

Hope whoever you got them from can appreciate they supplied the wrong tyres for a Zed - but perfectly acceptable for other cars with the same fitment. Hence why I asked if they were advertised as the right size tyres for the Zed, not the wheels.

Hope that helps :)

See the problem? The front to back stagger should be about 2.5-3.5% from what I've seen (somewhere around there) with the rear tyre being bigger than the front. With your -0.5% difference, your front tyre is bigger than the rear, the rear thinks its spinning quicker than it really is in relation to the front, and thus the TC kicks in as it thinks the tyres are sliiping - measurement of slip of course being that the rear wheel is spinning quicker than the front. You dont have to keep it the same RR as stock, as my example shows, my Rotas are actually smaller RR, but keep the size stagger, so TC doesnt get upset.

Hope whoever you got them from can appreciate they supplied the wrong tyres for a Zed - but perfectly acceptable for other cars with the same fitment. Hence why I asked if they were advertised as the right size tyres for the Zed, not the wheels.

hi chris if i put 245/35/19 on the front as ive been told do you think this will be ok. many thanks for the info p.s my wheels are jade-r

hi chris if i put 245/35/19 on the front as ive been told do you think this will be ok. many thanks for the info p.s my wheels are jade-r

Yes that should be fine:

+3.2% - 25.8" vs 26.6"

I'm sure someone running 19s can confirm :thumbs:

Yes that should be fine:

+3.2% - 25.8" vs 26.6"

I'm sure someone running 19s can confirm :thumbs:

many many thanks chris this has been doing my head in i will keep you informed

hi chris my size on the back are 275/35/19 and front 245/40/19 is this wrong.

chk this link:

http://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tire ... -here.html

+1 - as i said yesterday, they're the sizes you need.

• 1 month later...

I think it might be more to do with tyre compounds as I did not change my wheels, just put different tyres on and I was slipping all over the place with the slip light on...

Only other remedy is turn it off, then you can go down the road sideways....!! (Not really reccomended!! ;-) )

Dave

• 2 years later...

I know this is quite old,

The same thing happened to me yesterday.

I fitted my winter wheels to the rear to see if it removed an annoying noise I've Been getting( it did) accelerating in a straight line I would lose power and the slip light came on, and the same on every corner. I put it in to 'snow' mode and it reduced it but I think only because it reduced power through the accelerator, I put my summer wheels back on and the slip light stayed off (when driving sensibly) but the noise came back. I think it was just because the roads are so dry and hot and my winter tyres didnt like it.

I get this with my daily 18s, slip comes on all the time, but in a way, I like it. It's the cars way of telling me to take it easy.

If you buy a Micra, youll save fuel too ........ ;)

If the slip light is coming on all the time then the car isnt right - when I had proper tyre sizes on I was surprised at how much abuse it needed to flash up. If you are happy only being able to drive you car to 60, maybe 70% of what it can actually do then Im at a bit of a loss as to why you would buy one in the first place :shrug:

Ive got stupid sized wheels on and it took me about 3 minutes to permanently disable the VDC as it was totally destroying the enjoyment of the car, Id strongly recommend either running the right sizes or doing the same, or you are robbing yourself at the end of the day.