Ticking Speedo ?

pathfinder123

Hi,

Not sure if this is going to develop into a problem, hence the post.

From cold, below about 40MPH, I get a sort of ticking that seems to come from the dash possibly the Speedo.

After I have gone faster than 40 the noise goes, and does not happen again until the car has been standing overnight.

Anyone else had this ?

S.

Have you Pi**ed the wife off recently? I suggest looking under the car for what appears to be a bunch of thick candles held tightly together, some kind of flashing red light and a timer of some description. If you find one take it to the the main dealer :thumbs:

Thanks for the heads up on the heater matrix . Although it is a ticking coming from behind the steering wheel it sounds more like the Speedo area than the LHS of the instrument cluster.

I will try and determine whether my noise is rev or road speed related.

Gut feel says that it's the latter.

Cheers

S.

Thanks for the heads up on the heater matrix . Although it is a ticking coming from behind the steering wheel it sounds more like the Speedo area than the LHS of the instrument cluster.

I will try and determine whether my noise is rev or road speed related.

Gut feel says that it's the latter.

Cheers

S.

Always hard to know without actually hearing it. Had something similar a few or so back with my Z, was actually the windscreen and the plastic of the dash rubbing, making a ticking/static'y noise, did sound like it was coming from the steering wheel, but proved otherwise. Worth a go.