heel+toe

stichy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I now don't really have a problem with heel and toe in the 350.

I used to do in my old Celica and it take a short while to adjust my technique to the 350.

I've only got baby size 7 feet and find it easiest to do it wearing these - http://rallynuts.com/motorsport/SPARCO_ ... s_4559.asp

I can't stand doing it in boots or 'fashion' footwear. It feels clunky and I can't really feel the pedals that well.

I don't do it with the side of my foot, my ankle just pivots from level with the brake pedal to prodding the go faster pedal. Dexterity FTW!

I learnt (I think) from just holding the car on the brake and just 'feeling' the throttle with my heel whilst stationary. I also think it's easier to do at speed, although there being a slight safety issue.

As long as you can quickly work the clutch and get the gear in quickly, whilst heel and toeing, you're sorted. And don't think about it too much whilst doing it, it'll make it a 'do this, then do that, then that' process, whereas, they all kind of overlap each other in a fluid motion.