JapspEed K1/K2 or Scorpian

jacr87

Just want opinions of people who have either one of these exhuasts. I am looking in to getting one but dont have a clue what to get. I want my z sounding more beefy and highly toned. but not over the top and stupid which will attract the wrong attention. (police)

Cheers

Why do people keep missing my post with the comparison?

Wou;d it be cheeky to ask to have it made a sticky and possibly stop the forum getting questions on comparisons between K1 and K2?

Here's the thread btw, hope it helps :)

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=23989

They keep missing it because people dont use the search button, but above link now made a sticky ;)

i'd say go for the K2 over the scorpion, only because there has been a few fitment issues with the scorpion. nothing major, but some have needed some gentle persausion to go in.

if you want noise, then go K1.

i run the invidia G200 True Dual and will be at the Ace Cafe meet at the end of the month ;)

BM will be there with his K1

Mick43 should be there with his true dual DC sports.

and i'm sure there are others but none i can think of off the top of my head

The 350Z fitted with a K1, with the bungs out, on full throttle, up the Nurby straight, was the loudest car i,ve heard at the ring all weekend :scare: Awesome :thumbs:

My Zed went full throttle down the back straight at Snetterton and then again on the Start/Finish straight.....three times during the Modified Live Parade Lap.

I was grinning alot, hehe

Some pics and video of the K2 in my thread aswell :

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=24458&start=0

I'm still really happy with it and think I made the right choice. If you go for the K2 I'd say definately get the japspeed y-pipe aswell. It is less restrictive than the standard item and unleashes a little bit more of the lovely v6 roar. :thumbs:

Just get ready to lose a few MPG if you have any tunnels to go through :p saying that I'm averaging around 22mpg to and from work (town driving) and 34/35mpg on longer motorway journeys B)

Some pics and video of the K2 in my thread aswell :

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=24458&start=0

I'm still really happy with it and think I made the right choice. If you go for the K2 I'd say definately get the japspeed y-pipe aswell. It is less restrictive than the standard item and unleashes a little bit more of the lovely v6 roar. :thumbs:

Just get ready to lose a few MPG if you have any tunnels to go through :p saying that I'm averaging around 22mpg to and from work (town driving) and 34/35mpg on longer motorway journeys B)

What do you get from the Y piece then ??? To be honest I dont want the car to be too loud as I don't want to attract too much attention if I can help it. Does the K2 without Y pipe still sound good without being to loud ?

:wacko:

The k2 with y-pipe is still considerably quieter than a K1 with a standard y-pipe.

A K2 on its own is a little bit louder than stock, not a lot like a K1 but just a different sound. A nice deep bellow lower down the revs and a real howl at 4k. The y-pipe gives it the extra edge because the original is fairly restrictive.

Higher up the revs there is a little bit of a metallic sound (which wasn't there with the standard system) similar to when people fit sports cats but obviously just no where near as loud.

If I were to give an honest opinion I would say I watched pretty much every youtube video there is of a 350z/g35 with different exhausts and spent hours debating what to buy. I love the sound of these cars anyway and something as loud as a K1 I probably could have lived with. For me it came down to the tail pipes aswell. A lot of people like the look of the K1 but I think it looks a little extreme. The K2 keeps the standard look just shinier. I would have loved the NISMO exhaust but couldn't bring myself to pay the price. I think the K2 with y-pipe is the nearest sound I'll get to the nismo.

When I'd ordered mine I started to panic thinking I hope it will be loud enough etc. (I had a tuned renault 5 with a side exit previously which sounded incredible on boost :blush: )

All i can say is, I need not have worried because when I drove away from the garage having had it fitted I had a smile from ear to ear :teeth:

I don't regret it at all. Usually I get bored of the sound of things quickly but im not bored of this yet and I know that a year or 2 down the line if I "really" wanted, I could stick some sports cats on the car and make it even louder. :thumbs:

With regards to the scorpion, I havn't heard one in person myself but from what I can tell its just slightly louder than the K2 probably due to the fact it just has a straght mid-pipe and no resonator. The only thing that stopped me going for the scorpion was the fitment problems I had read about and the tips not being rolled but thats just me being fussy.