Advise on oils and fluids

Anna

I am doing a gearbox oil change and was wonder what grade oil I need to use, also for the diff.

What is the best engine oil to use? I read that it was 5w30 but i have also been told 10w40 is more suited to our climate?

Please can I have some help! thanks!!

Hi, I get my oil from Opie Oils http://www.opieoils.co.uk who are very helpful and will recommend what's best for you (and you'll get a discount for being a member of this forum :) )

For engine oil I'm using Silkoline Pro S 5W 30 which is great stuff and not crazy expensive either! Not sure about the gearbox and diff oil but I'm sure others will advise or just speak to Opie Oils :thumbs:

Hope that helps a bit

Cheers!

On that site it says;

5w30 engine oil

75w90 gearbox oil

80w90 diff

I persume it doesnt really matter what make you get as long as the grades are right. Is this correct?

I already have a large amount of Quantum 5w30 so was going to use that? Or would you recommend I get a different make?

Hi Anna.

I am doing exactly the same fluid change this month along with some plugs.

According to a Nissan tech guy the gear box takes 2.9 ltr and the diff 1.4 ltr the above grades are correct, only thing i forgot to ask was should the oil be synthetic or not ?

Any thoughts on this peeps ?

Cheers, Vale.

P.S. Trade price from Nissan for both oils to cover the quantitly needed was £33 plus VAT and an oil fiter was £7.41 plus VAT

• 1 month later...
Hi Anna.

I am doing exactly the same fluid change this month along with some plugs.

According to a Nissan tech guy the gear box takes 2.9 ltr and the diff 1.4 ltr the above grades are correct, only thing i forgot to ask was should the oil be synthetic or not ?

Any thoughts on this peeps ?

Cheers, Vale.

P.S. Trade price from Nissan for both oils to cover the quantitly needed was £33 plus VAT and an oil fiter was £7.41 plus VAT

is it 2.9 for gearbox and 1.4 for diff?

A.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...