Chuffed then gutted in 1 day

350newbie

Well after a long trip to Devon I finally picked up my 350 yesterday. Decided it needed a clean so took it to the local Turkish lads to give it a going over, decided I needed some new cd's so stopped in at Asda on the way. Only to come out to find someone had bumped into the car on my 1st proper day :-( ...hit the offiside front bumper on the corner, its going to need a small bit of work to get the marks out. Cant believe how gormless some people are :rant: . Got it booked in a week next Tuesday, not gonna let it get me to down as I love the car, especially after its T-cut and wax I gave it today...

congrats on getting the car :thumbs:

sorry to here about the knock :doh:

t-cut the car :scare: please don't do that, its far to abrasive for nissan paint, nissan were very sparing when they painted the 350z

gets some megs polish or get some advice from some of the detail experts on here.

Well after a long trip to Devon I finally picked up my 350 yesterday. Decided it needed a clean so took it to the local Turkish lads to give it a going over, decided I needed some new cd's so stopped in at Asda on the way. Only to come out to find someone had bumped into the car on my 1st proper day :-( ...hit the offiside front bumper on the corner, its going to need a small bit of work to get the marks out. Cant believe how gormless some people are :rant: . Got it booked in a week next Tuesday, not gonna let it get me to down as I love the car, especially after its T-cut and wax I gave it today...

WHY?????? :surrender:

The Turkish lads round here are actually very good, they pre rinse it, then do the wheels and the bottom of the car with a diff product, then cover the car in a white foam to take the dirt off, jet wash that off then have 2 mits which they use with 2 buckets.

If it was any old car was I wouldn't go but these actually understand the who process alot better than most car owner.

Wont be using T-Cut again, thanks for that tip

Aaw, pity to hear your new pride and joy has been dinged for you on the first day. We generally try and park as far away from the multitudes as we can, selecting an end carpark, that is hopefully the widest. Doesn't always work, but helps if they can only reach one side. :headhurt:

Very unlucky, mate. Happens to the best of us, i guess. Most people have next to no respect at all.

I got mine in late August, which lastest two weeks before I had my first ever prang when I decided to play bumper cars with a Mini Cooper Convertible!! Similar front offside damage to yours. Nothing that can't be fixed.

So, I know the feeling. But, at least when you get it back it'll seem like the very first time again, as it did for me.

Yes, there's noting worse than parking your car with a lot of space either side to come back to it and ifnd someone else parked next to you and you just know thatg when they opened the door they hit your car. You can only do something if you catch them in the action and even then they will deny it.....

I do my shopping at very odd times at night just to avoid the idiots.

I once had a hire car in Perth Australia, when I returned from shopping I found the rear bumper hanging off - it had clearly been hit quite hard...... No note either.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck mate ... if it's any consolation something Very similar happened to me on the day I picked up my Zed ...

I'd just had the car valeted and was at Shell waiting to fill up when somene scraped the drivers side ... I had to go through insurance in the end ...

Anyway Welcome to the forum and enjoy driving your Zed :drive1