MP3 Connection

pagextc

Hi All

Anyone know how i would go about connecting an ipod to my audio system.

I have a 57 coupe with the BOSE audio (cd, radio, tape) but no aux socket so am a bit screwed.

Has anyone else put one in? and if so what do i need and is it costly?

Cheers

Pagextc

I mate, I was looking into the same thing, two options emerged from my research:

a home made mod:

http://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-video ... ide-5.html

or a FM modulator, I bought a Denison FM modulator from ipodcarkitsdirect.co.uk, which I haven't installed, Denison claim its as good as there gateway 100, which there is no compatible model for the BOSE...I bough a Denison gateway 100 for the missus, worked great...if the FM modulator isn't up to scratch...use the 30 money back guarantee...do the home mod..that's my plan.

Link to modulator:

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_ ... _Modulator

Probably not the cheapest...but having used Denison before..I don't need to worry about the quality.

ATB,

Col.

Depends where you live too on how good FM transmitters are.

If you live in London (or any large city I guess) there are so many radio stations that there is virtually no empty frequencies. I have a Belkin transmitter and its virtually useless in London as there is so much interference. out in the countryside it works fine though (although not brilliant).

its a very crude option but how about a tape adapter, i bought one from tesco for £10, got a cable coming out of the HU but it works a treat!!

cheap, simple solution. job done!!

I agree with sparky350z, this is route I took and it works great with no interference as you get sometimes with the FM transmitter :thumbs:

It also sounds absolutely shite. You lose all the sound quality from the music, which is why the only decent solution is to replace the head unit with something decent. I tried the tape adaptor, I tried the transmitter, and the only decent solution is the expensive one unfortunately.

It also sounds absolutely shite. You lose all the sound quality from the music, which is why the only decent solution is to replace the head unit with something decent. I tried the tape adaptor, I tried the transmitter, and the only decent solution is the expensive one unfortunately.

+1 im afraid

I used a tape one for about a week and didnt get on with it...

Im a bit fussy when it comes to sound quality, but if it works for you guys then fair play as its got saving to put towards other mods :thumbs:

TBH,

i had virtually no sound quality change from the Tape Adapter. its works really well.

although i am not listen to anything more advanced than G&R and Linkin Park (at full tilt)

i think that it is a very cheap and effective method to play MP3's through what is (at best) a very poor HU. A bloody tape player from 03 onwards!!!!!!!! what were bose thinking!!!!

a new HU would be the best option but at the mo this will do.

Sparky

TBH,

i had virtually no sound quality change from the Tape Adapter. its works really well.

although i am not listen to anything more advanced than G&R and Linkin Park (at full tilt)

i think that it is a very cheap and effective method to play MP3's through what is (at best) a very poor HU. A bloody tape player from 03 onwards!!!!!!!! what were bose thinking!!!!

a new HU would be the best option but at the mo this will do.

Sparky

Fair play Spanky :thumbs:

Maybe I just bought a crappy one....