Lethal speed bumps!!!

Greekman

Now guys i am proud to live in the land of one of the most useless human inventions ever!!!

The speed bumps!!!

Vertical ones, trapezoid ones...the best way to destroy a Zed's undertray.... and front bumper...and suspension..... :scare:

So far i knew you could have a vertical long one or a row of trapezoid ones....not any more!!!

Been to Bridlington East Riding of Yorkshire recently and this is what i came across on one of the little streets!!! Please notice that there is another set in the background!!! :scare:

This is just evil!!!!! :thumbdown:

You can always post your experiences here guys....

Ps how would you go over them Martin???? :p:lol:

Hate speed bumps, but they do slow you down so they're doing exactly what it says on the tin.

Speed scamera's on the other hand don't serve their purpose and only serve money into government pockets. :angry::rant:

Those look evil though. If only some muppet in his 350z didn't park in the only gap there is to squeeze past them. :p;):lol:

Hate speed bumps, but they do slow you down so they're doing exactly what it says on the tin.

Speed scamera's on the other hand don't serve their purpose and only serve money into government pockets. :angry::rant:

Those look evil though. If only some muppet in his 350z didn't park in the only gap there is to squeeze past them. :p;):lol:

You joking???? and what if some other muppet parked there?? I was making sure the opening was all mine to drive back!!! ;):lol:

As for slowing you down...they never slowed me down when i had the quasqai or whatever that nissan courtesy suv was!!! You got to try the local taxi drivers in their lagunas as as well!!! You cant even feel that the bumps are there!!! :lol:

Those are tiny compared to what we have around here. Slowly & angled & your over them with the slightest scrape

Thats what happends when you live on a rough council estate :p:p

:p

Thats how I afford the Z ;) My next door neighbour is that guy in the video that Sarnie posted :lol:

Not really, but I do have to drive through a council estate to get to my place :dry:

Being from Thorngumbald i know all to well about the Hull speed bump nightmare....Newland ave and any of the avenues !!!!! :bang:

I was pulled over yesterday coming home from work and ended up actually meeting a decent copper !! :scare: yer thats what i said... decent :)

The road i travel down to get home from work is peppered with pot holes and rutts and i refuse to drive over them so i purposely weave all over the place to avoid them.

Mr police man followed me in his T5 for almost a mile before giving me the blues, i knew he was there but i wanted to make a point.

He had a good look around my zed and praised it, we got talkin about the state of the roads and road tax etc :rant: his words were my driving was a little unorthodox but given the situation aceptable within reason.

Personally i think he just wanted a chat about cars :lol: nice guy though. Being a traffic cop he did say they are in talks with the local councils but i wasnt to hold my breathe about any repairs too soon :dry:

And then he amazed me with his closing statement ! get this, i quote " Do me a favour and just give some straight line umph when you set off pal lol " We then parted and i just caught him grinning in my rear view mirror :p

You dont see that everyday do you.

The two off-set rows is puzzling. I had always thought the idea of these design of speed humps was to allow buses and ambulances to straddle them for passenger comfort but what has been posted up by Greekman defeats that objective :wacko:

The two off-set rows is puzzling. I had always thought the idea of these design of speed humps was to allow buses and ambulances to straddle them for passenger comfort but what has been posted up by Greekman defeats that objective :wacko:

I v never seen anything like this before....

And as Vale said avenues in Hull!!! I literally cant drive there!!! :scare:

And just in case you have never been there Vale....never and i mean never drive to the octagon sports centre near Hull royal infirmary....i will try and take some pics of those speed bumps...i just have to walk there!!! ;)

I Would of though the 2 off-set rows are to slow motorbikes, mopeds and the likes :thumbs:

I Detest all types of the Speed Bumps. They are put in every new housing estate build and most schools (which i can understand). I wish the person responsible for these pain in the a*ses would consider people with sports cars when they are designing these :angry:

Just out of interest how do we stand by law for making a claim against the council responsible ? we drive standard cars that their roads dont accomodate so can we claim for damages or can we have a road tax reduction due to some roads we cant access ???!!!

This goverment want it both ways !!! in other countries they are called tyrants its just here they are dressed different !

Dont get me going :rant:

FUBAR :bang:

I was thinking they look quite mild. Something like a bus or an ambulance, eek even a 4 x 4 would just drive straight over, without even noticing. If you take it at just the right point, should be easy enough to have one wheel on the bump, and then the other as you go over the next without damaging anything.