Anyone fancy getting rid of their nissan micra key

chriswillis

• 3 weeks later...

The key that u bought..did that come with a transponder chip?. Some of them are blank keys without the electronics in it but this one is different. It will probably work for someone who needs a spare key...all they need to do is have the remote key and the transponder chip in it coded and programmed and the key cut??

The key that u bought..did that come with a transponder chip?. Some of them are blank keys without the electronics in it but this one is different. It will probably work for someone who needs a spare key...all they need to do is have the remote key and the transponder chip in it coded and programmed and the key cut??

no it didnt come with the transponder however all u do is prise the chip out and put in the new key. the electronics of the old key ie the dimensions of the PCB will not fit into this "flip" key. i would have to adapt the OEM PCB so it would fit, and TBH its not worth it.

however looking at this key it seems that for 30 quid (roughly), its seems ok. however the reprogramming (£50) and the cut (£15) its again not worth it.

i will not be the first for this one unfortunately.

let me know how you get on.

Sparky