Up Rev re-flashes

Mark@Abbey m/s

Glen,

we have done loads of cars now , got a real good base of maps to use on cars.

Looking at your list mods , I would say around 8/10 bhp and the same increase in torque if the exhaust is a good system. The throttle response your be amazed at makes the cars come alive.

I would say the car gace around 276bhp (stock) the last time it was run @ TDI , we do a base set up run before we reflash thou.

Prices is £352-50 inc vat.

Mark

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

I have quite a few questions, probably the thoughts of a novice, but I thought worthwhile posting here incase anyone new to all this also has the same sections and you can answer them here!

I have been looking at Stage 1 and 2 N\A mods over the last 2 days and extensively doing my research, but I am still totally at a loss as to what to go for. I do think I am going to go full Stage 1 and then full Stage 2 and get everything fitted before I come down for a re-flash and dyno, as that would make the most sense, as I have a couple of friends that can help me fit the easy stuff for free, although I am tempted to come down stock and do a run, then get you guys to fit everything, then re-flash and see what the difference is. Is that something you guys do?

I guess if I bought some of the parts from you then there might be a fitting service ;)

I need to give you guys a call about your Motordyne parts, because atleast 1 possibly 2 of the parts I expect to get are by them and obtainable from you.

I currently have a Cold Air Intake and a Spills Grounding Kit that need to go on, but other planned mods before re-flash are looking like these below, I would appreciate thoughts on what people have gone with and found the best in your experience and also if you could PM me best prices on the things you can supply, for a 350Z-UK and OC full member of course :teeth:

Open to suggestions on better options also:

Cold Air Intake - I think this is an AEM that I bought from ZMANALEX a long while ago and didnt fit

Spills Grounding Kit

Full Samco hose set and locks

Engine Damper - Japdpeed or Stillen

Short Shift - B&M or Japspeed

Throttle Body Spacer - need to look into this as I cant find much, I know what they are as I used to have one on my old car, but finding places that do them for the Zed hasnt been fruitful

Motordyne Plenum Spacer - would rather go with the spacer as I dont want to have to lose the strut bar with a full plenum change

Exhaust - this is the one that is confusing me the most, I would love something cost effective that comes in a complete kit with Y pipe, and something that is true dual. Looks nice, ideally not flame tipped and great sound. I have been looking at the Greddy EVO 2, but not sure they make it any more, The Buddy Club Pro Spec and of course the Motordyne shockwave that you just fitted to a members car on the OC. - this one : http://forums.**REMOVED**.com//index.p ... opic=25467

Does the Shockwave exhaust come with the XYZ pipe, and can this come with Hi Flow Cats?

Hi Flow Cats or De Cats - this is another thing that I am stuck on, mainly die to the MOT issues and hassle, do I just go for the HFC or go for the De Cats and change them over everytime I have an MOT? is there much in terms of gain with the De Cats against the HFC?

Last thing I am toying with is a performance Radiator, mainly because ZMANALEX has a good price on the Mishamoto ones at present and this would mean I have a full Stage 2 tune. but I am un-decided on this one

After this little list of things, I will then be down for the re-flash and dyno, what do you think total gains would be on that? I know that Mark (3FIDDYZED) had around 30bhp, which is fantastic, but he had very expensive headers also, I might not be able to stretch to them as well just yet! Very Jealous of the beasty Mark!!

Thoughts and opinions welcome, from all you guys not just Abbey obviously!

my car dynod at 240bhp today, its surpost to have 296bhp how suck is that, its an early imports which is still limited, its got a fubjisubo exhuast, apexi filer and decat pipes, what figure could I realistically get to? to say i was dissapointed with 240hp would be a small understatment...

where did you get this done sketch?

Was it just a dyno?

I am guessing that 240 was at the hubs so that sounds like what a 276bhp early Zed like mine should be putting out at the wheels.

With all those bits you should be alot higher than that.

I know some on here that have had low figures then gone to Abbey for a tune and re-map\uprev and then ran good numbers so I would suggest getting down there for that

where did you get this done sketch?

Was it just a dyno?

I am guessing that 240 was at the hubs so that sounds like what a 276bhp early Zed like mine should be putting out at the wheels.

With all those bits you should be alot higher than that.

I know some on here that have had low figures then gone to Abbey for a tune and re-map\uprev and then ran good numbers so I would suggest getting down there for that

I'd hope they are hub numbers, 265 on hub is pretty good N/A I'd wanted to have seen a bit more> I'd advice to get a plenum spacer on that car and then go to abbey for a retune even with the throttle response and the limiter gone it will feel much nicer to drive! Is that exhaust a full system or ?

yeah its a full system (not inculding manifold odviuosly), that was at the flywheel i beleive, as there were fiesta turbos and corsa turbos making 300bhp easily...

that was at frost motorsport in ipswich, not sure what gear he dyno'd it in tho, if that makes a differance?

Did he leave the wheels

yeah its a full system (not inculding manifold odviuosly), that was at the flywheel i beleive, as there were fiesta turbos and corsa turbos making 300bhp easily...

that was at frost motorsport in ipswich, not sure what gear he dyno'd it in tho, if that makes a differance?

Did he leave the wheels on the car or did he takethem off? That does not sound right. Since yours is restricted the highest gear he could do t in would have been 4th. I'd take that to another place. Do you have the dyno printout? What was his comments on it? Is she runningright?

yeah wheels were left on the car, i literally drive the car onto the rollers, strapped it down and he did 2 power runs, everything seemed fine and just as it should be, i noticed on the printout that the car was pulling right up to the limiter and hit a top speed of 79mph, (as i thought the limiter was at 6500 not 6250...) if it maxed out at 79 mph tho did that mean he did it in third? gonna change the plugs today...

yeah wheels were left on the car, i literally drive the car onto the rollers, strapped it down and he did 2 power runs, everything seemed fine and just as it should be, i noticed on the printout that the car was pulling right up to the limiter and hit a top speed of 79mph, (as i thought the limiter was at 6500 not 6250...) if it maxed out at 79 mph tho did that mean he did it in third? gonna change the plugs today...

Well the lads in the know say you need at least 5 pulls with a Z to see proper readings. So it was a flywheel type dyno. :thumbdown: Sounds like it was done in 3rd. It does 180km/h in 4th. The plugs wont help you unless its missfiring, post up some dyno sheets. Did you have an uprev done? Otherwise we are slightly off topic and maybe you should post the dyno result here:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24431

And talk about it in here:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26040

:wave:

Sounds to me (as per other thread) that its a 3rd gear run, sod all WOT runs before doing a proper final run and the Apexi filter will have been heatsoaked to hell. Didnt realise it was 3rd gear in the other thread, all those factors will what have caused this.

Car run on the dyno , stock RAM but fitted with a few bolt on parts

Your see the car improving as the runs count up. Red line is the 1st pull.

shows how the cars self learn.

Mark

Nice graph mate, shows it perfectly!