rally style winter tyres

Husky

yeah! if only you could get these, you know the ones with the metal studs in :teeth:

anyhow, my mind turned to getting winter tyres so i dont die.

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=52989031.110.22135&typ=R-169458&ranzahl=4&Breite=245&Quer=45&Felge=18&Speed=V&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=20&Transport=P&dsco=110&sowigan=Wi

thoughts? :)

Your not seriously thinking of spending over 500 nicker on tyres for winter are you ???

I had Bridgestones on last winter and they were fine, I was driving sideways alot admittedly but it was fun :D

me personally i use my tyres all year round, hence why i got the vredesteins, should be a happy medium between summer and winter use.

i think husky has new alloys but will use his rays in the winter to save the big sparkly ones he has, but it may be a case of new rubber all round as the stones and nankangs might be running low.

personally if he's going to spend £500 on rubber he might as well get the ultrac sessantas :lol:

Your not seriously thinking of spending over 500 nicker on tyres for winter are you ???

I had Bridgestones on last winter and they were fine, I was driving sideways alot admittedly but it was fun :D

me personally i use my tyres all year round, hence why i got the vredesteins, should be a happy medium between summer and winter use.

i think husky has new alloys but will use his rays in the winter to save the big sparkly ones he has, but it may be a case of new rubber all round as the stones and nankangs might be running low.

personally if he's going to spend £500 on rubber he might as well get the ultrac sessantas :lol:

oooHH.... New Alloys Husky?? kept that quiet.. What ya got and wheres the pics B)

haha rich you b'tard :lol: SHHHhhhhhhhhhhhh

they are for next spring tbh as its a bit late to bother putting tyres on them now, this would mean the rays would be soley used for winter and hence a winter tyre. but then i have my scotland hat on, its not as bad here...

whats the tread depth like front and rear at the moment,

i got through last winter on 3mm, although when it snowed it was proper ar$e clenching time, i could have folded a 50p piece in half with my bum cheeks it was that nerve wrecking, i had no traction what so ever.

fancy being safe, and also to watch the jags slip around everywhere while i cruise past B)

tbh i just fancied having flashy winter tyres :teeth:

i'd get flashy other tyres for your summer wheels first ;)

+1 - and those dry winter days! TBH I find we have more crap weather in the summer atm! Winter can be cold, but dry sunny days are lovely for a drive, and you'd want summer tyres on when its dry. Falkens lasted me through 2 winters just fine. The Zed just doesnt do snow, but then again the Alfa hire car I had for part of it was similarly pants! :cold:

I ran Vredstein Wintrac Extremes for a few winters, To be honest, they are not essential for most Southen English winters. They are however essential in more snowy conditions. I found them invaluable in mountain passes in Transylvania and in Latvia. They have much more grip in cold conditions, and I reccomend them if you anticipate snowy conditions.

• 2 weeks later...

As a country we're ignorant to winter tyres, most of eastern Europe will change their tyres to winter spec in October and swap back in March. I think o matter what rubber is on the Zeds, they'll struggle in the snow.

Now how about a 4x4 Zed? Give the Evos a scare! No sideways though :drive1