15MM SPACERS OK?

jerry3167

lol :lol: Hmmm...Good point about the resale value too ;)

Only thing putting me off 20mm is the wheel bearing wear :scare:

Will PM CS again... :)

never heard anyone run 20mm and suffer wheel bearing wear.

Me either, and 5mm difference will make bugger all difference really. If you are that worried, dont run spacers or get wheels with the rigth offset ;):p

Not that Im aware of - it handles just fine, and Ive no issue of wear on tyres and or bearings - but Ive probably only done 3-4k since fitting the spacers, and Im no track driver or pedal to the metal everywhere driver, so Im not in a position to judge how the car reacts when pushed to the limits with or without spacers.

If I recall, Big Phill ran 50mm spacers on the rear of his and it never missed a beat, thats what he said to me when I was making spacer enquiries when I was at his garage just over a year ago.

Not that Im aware of - it handles just fine, and Ive no issue of wear on tyres and or bearings - but Ive probably only done 3-4k since fitting the spacers, and Im no track driver or pedal to the metal everywhere driver, so Im not in a position to judge how the car reacts when pushed to the limits with or without spacers.

If I recall, Big Phill ran 50mm spacers on the rear of his and it never missed a beat, thats what he said to me when I was making spacer enquiries when I was at his garage just over a year ago.

Cheers Chester, i assume you have 20mm ALL round?

Cheers Chester, i assume you have 20mm ALL round?

Im running 20mm front and 25mm rear. :thumbs:

;)

Digsy ran 20mm front and 25mm rear I'm sure. That looked sweet!

Any handling or wear on tyre issues with that set-up?

It was 15mm and 25mm and I had no adverse handling issues. They really weren't on longer enough for wear to be an issue.

I think ir_fuel ran spacers for longer than anyone I know and didn't have any problems. His were actually supplied and fitted by his dealer.

As said 20mm front, 25mm rear is IMO ideal.

Bearing wear is a moot issue as i told you jerry. Spacers may increase the wear on bearings, but 350z's are not known for their poor bearings.

Many people on the forum run 20mm spacers for extended periods with no bearing woes.

MAN UP and get 20/25 :thumbs:

lol :lol: Hmmm...Good point about the resale value too ;)

Only thing putting me off 20mm is the wheel bearing wear :scare:

Will PM CS again... :)

Jerry i was running 40mm on the rear, for just over a year, never had no issue's at all, but then again never set the car up for track use, the Zed is a strong bit of kit, Phil told me about that he was running 50mm and had no problems just make sure the hub-centric and you get them checked at each service and you will be fine bud :thumbs: