Gauging interest in lighting colour of interior :)

Husky

Now that i have, after endless resrearch and trial and error, for the most part, finally finished changing the interior lighting colours.

i have been asked by a few people if i would consider selling this as a modification for others. At the moment this is a mere seed of an idea as the initial outlay for me to do this would be large and would be time consuming. The plan would be to modify all the parts required for a complete change seperately, then bring them all together either installed or posted for people to install, and swap for thier cluster, pods etc.

i have alot of things to work out that i wont bore you with, its just a tester to see if anyone is interested. And any suggestions they might have (colour choices, face choices blah blah etc)

so fire away ladies and gents :)

Ps: if you think its a bad idea just say, i wont be offended :)

EDIT: link to original thread http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=24765&start=165

The logistics of this would be pretty massive i recon for a part time deal. It may also be a good idea to sell kits so that those with a bit of soldering experience can change them/or get somebody else to change them. I would imagine you would have to charge a fair amount given the time taken to do a whole cars worth.

R

The logistics of this would be pretty massive i recon for a part time deal. It may also be a good idea to sell kits so that those with a bit of soldering experience can change them/or get somebody else to change them. I would imagine you would have to charge a fair amount given the time taken to do a whole cars worth.

R

cheers mate, i was talking this through with a mate this afternoon to see how realistic it would be. still alot of thought to go in before i do anything :thumbs:

yeah, its not a small job so i dont imagine it'd be on the cheap side :blush: but who knows.

if i went this way it would have to be red, as thats the colour theme going through my car, but it would make my interior dash very audiesque :blush:

unless you had stainless faces with red numbers ;)

no just oem dial style with red back lit ;)

this is entirely possible :)

Defenetly a good idea,

I'll be looking for Blue like the VW golf dials and interior lighting.

Keep us posted :thumbs:

also very possible :)

Still need to see your finished doo daas John B)
Not a big fan of the current orange so I await pitcures!

i will hunt for the camera charger today :)

I think its a good idea in theory you selling these, but there are 2 potential problems i think...

1. Clocks - isnt the mileage stored on the clocks? So if i sent you my clocks they'd say 60k on them no matter who's car you put them on?

2. Whats the likelihood of you screwing one up? I used to 'chip' people's playstations at school for £15 a pop - it was only soldering 7 wires onto the board, but i screwed one up and wrecked it, and then had to buy the guy a new playstation! That could get expensive doing that with clocks!!

That said, i hope you do start offering the service though as they look great!

Im interested but you would have to quote me with fitting too as theres no way i'd attempt it. :wacko:

Cool blue for me please :thumbs:

by cool blue do you mean like the other guys are meaning with the VW blue?

1. Clocks - isnt the mileage stored on the clocks? So if i sent you my clocks they'd say 60k on them no matter who's car you put them on?

can anyone clear this up for me? i think itll be fine but it's be nice to know for definate

2. Whats the likelihood of you screwing one up? I used to 'chip' people's playstations at school for £15 a pop - it was only soldering 7 wires onto the board, but i screwed one up and wrecked it, and then had to buy the guy a new playstation! That could get expensive doing that with clocks!!

the way im thinking of doing it is buying up one of everthing i need (window switches, cluster, triple gauges, heater controls, etc) and modding it in my own time, then there is the possibility of fitting it or posting it to people.

for postage obviously a swap would be sensible. although there are issues with quality of the returned dials possibly not being up to the standard of the sent out ones (scrathces etc). my thoughts if the buyers ones are scratched are to get the buyer to post me his dials, change the outer covers of the newly modded ones to his and send him them back.

Something similar B)

yes that's possible