ssv extreme flow intake/Cosworth intake manifold?

cookiemonster

O.k so ive been reading through different parts of the forum and so far only found info on the plastic plenum that Kinetix do. Am i right in thinking this the Kinetix SSV Extreme flow intake is just a better option or is it not the same modification? I was intending to get a plenum spacer, maybe even the carbon fibre plenum that a forum user is advertising as i imagine that will look very B)

There is also the Cosworth intake manifold that i have seen and that also appeals.

Both of these are on the Z Store.

I guess my main question is do these mods give much of a performance improvment and are they the same mod? Prob sound a stupid question but new to all of this :dummy:

If any members have them would be great to hear some feedback!

Thanks Guys! :thumbs:

the cosworth and the kinetix extreme one have apparently lost people power in the USA i think thats on NA cars, you won't really see a difference with these unless you go FI or possibly have the car tuned with an ECU remap.

best bet is the plenum spacers, possibly the standard minetix plenum, or the one that scots having built.

i'm going for option 3 as its basically a plenum spacer with a carbon top and will look nicer than the basic kinetix.

Awesome thanks for the quick response! :thumbs: Im not planning on too much mods for the time being, prob just a typhoon filter and new exhaust then a ECU remap.

Was thinking about a nitrous kit but think i would be too worried about something going wrong to do it.

The only thing troubling me is that on the website the kinetix says its great for NA cars aswell? it looks B) but then again so does the carbon fibre plenum. I suppose both are going to give a performance increase once the remap was done.

hmmm guess its going to come down to personal taste?

As above really, the ssv and cosworth are only really worth it if you go FI

I've had the kinetix before I got my spacer, I swapped it because I got paranoid with some people saying it's prone to cracking, although some people have never had a problem, it's got a gurantee but I couldn't be bothered to mess about swapping them over if one did ever crack

as for looks it's down to personal choice.

I'm making the carbon plenum, it will have a nice shiny finish and will incorporate the same size spacer as the motordyne 5/16 which is very popular and gives good gains

The kinetix ssv cracked along the welds, zmanalex had this problem

the kinetix v4 black one is plastic so has been heard to crack, although a few

people on here have had no problems

Alexs SSV cracked running over 600bhp at the wheels. I think this is quite an important point..... :lol::lol:

The kinetix ssv cracked along the welds, zmanalex had this problem

the kinetix v4 black one is plastic so has been heard to crack, although a few

people on here have had no problems

Alexs SSV cracked running over 600bhp at the wheels. I think this is quite an important point..... :lol::lol:

Did he have over 600BHP when it first broke? I seem to remember him doing it a few times :lol: In the US they mostly say its uselles anyway unless running FI!

• 1 month later...

my tuner is a bit sceptic about the ssv kinetix plenum... :teeth: (typical since I got it) Said that FI it might be good. If it doesn't crack B) (they've changed the welding according to themselves) looks good anyway ....

(my cage got enough air and petrol true my last tune so the only thing left is either E85, rebuild with bigger bore and turbo setup)

:headhurt: (did I just say that about 'looks good'?)

A.