Service

UNABASHED

Just bought my Zed over the weekend. I'm going to take it in for a service to make sure everything is good and wanted a little advice before I book.

Firstly the car is an 03 and on 49k miles, is this a P2 service that will be due? What sort of price should I be aiming for?

I live in Leeds and wondered if anyone can recomend somewhere for the service?

Which tyres?

Handbook says - 225/45 R18 91W (front) & 225/45/R18 96W (rear) - this is (I assume!) with Rays. I have been told that rear is better to have 245/45R18 96W - is this the case?

In terms of which types to go for I was looking at Falken 4542's or Toyo TR1's?

Which oil and how much is required for the service?

The previous owner replaced the spark plugs so don't need to worry about that but I had conflicting info that they get replaced on the 6yr service anyway - t or f?

anything else I need to be aware of?

P.S. I have tried searching for this info all morning (at the expense of my actual work :p ) but I don't seem to be able to find the exact info I need - sorry for being a pain!

Hi m8,

Silkolene Pro-S 5w 40 / Sump capacity 4.7 Litres - Available from Oilman Trader

Tyres - Both good brands, although softer compounds, might unsettle the Zed, but generally very good in the wet!

Those tyre sizes you mention are OEM, and are fine.

P2 price - expect to pay anything from £180 - £300, less if you supply Oil, filters etc

Spark Plugs - Personally, I would change them being the new owner, Denso or NGK Iridium are the ones to go for, again PM oilman, he`ll sort you out a good price!

:thumbs:

For Rays the tyre sizes you want are (F) 225/45/R18 and ® 245/45/R18. The handbook states the sizes for the OEM 18s not the Rays by the looks of it. Falkens get my vote too.

Oil is as Jerry states, I think OEM its 10w40, but 5w40 is fine too :)

Firstly the car is an 03 and on 49k miles, is this a P2 service that will be due? What sort of price should I be aiming for?

You would need

04 P1

05 P2

06 P1

07 P3

08 P1

09 P2......so as long as all those have been done then yes you should need a P2.

Sparks are not included in any service. You need to ask to get them done (if they don't ask you first)

5 w 30 is good as well, if it makes life easy, check your service manual and see what the pattern is for the previous services. and if you don't want to search around on one site for all the service parts, then envy do a service kit. its all drop down menus and you pick what you want, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

thanks for all the replies guys. I'm putting an order in for some new Falken FK-452's with Blackcirlces.com and I'll get some plugs and oil from oilman. :)

try camskill for your tyres. They're cheaper

just checked and Falkens come out about £93 compared with £123 from blackcircles :scare: just need to find someone who will fit them in Leeds area now - most places I have tried only want to fit them if you have bought the tyres from them.

5 w 30 is good as well, if it makes life easy, check your service manual and see what the pattern is for the previous services. and if you don't want to search around on one site for all the service parts, then envy do a service kit. its all drop down menus and you pick what you want, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

looks like I'm on for a P2 - not too bad, Nissan Leeds have quoted me £239 if I supply my own oil.

thanks for all the replies guys. I'm putting an order in for some new Falken FK-452's with Blackcirlces.com and I'll get some plugs and oil from oilman. :)

try camskill for your tyres. They're cheaper

just checked and Falkens come out about £93 compared with £123 from blackcircles :scare: just need to find someone who will fit them in Leeds area now - most places I have tried only want to fit them if you have bought the tyres from them.

looks like I'm on for a P2 - not too bad, Nissan Leeds have quoted me £239 if I supply my own oil.

haggle with them a little im sure you could get it to 200.

I'm looking for more consumables that I can put an order in for - much prefer to know decent products have been used on the service!

Do the service yourself if you can. 1) You will save money. 2) You know it will be done. The car is out of warranty now. If you are a 'hands on person' what have you got to lose ;)

Does gear oil and brake fluid get changed on P2 service? Anything else I can buy before the service?

I'm looking for more consumables that I can put an order in for - much prefer to know decent products have been used on the service!

yes to both -

check this out - all the answers you need should be on here

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Service:Index

Hope you've got major face ache by now ! ;):teeth: